The Student Room Group

TSR Halo Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
cowsgoquack
stupid fecking bt/isp/dad had better get their act together and fix our internet before 14th :mad:

245 ping
0.32 download
0.28 upload

OH SNAP! Do you have one of those black HomeHub routers too? Mine's a pile of ****: yesterday my connection was three bars on XBL, today one. I had to steal my next-door neighbour's internet, which was STRONGER than mine.

Whether it means playing downstairs, or stealing internet again, I will be playing Reach all day when I get it.

Oh, where did you get those stats?
JonCha
OH SNAP! Do you have one of those black HomeHub routers too? Mine's a pile of ****: yesterday my connection was three bars on XBL, today one. I had to steal my next-door neighbour's internet, which was STRONGER than mine.

Whether it means playing downstairs, or stealing internet again, I will be playing Reach all day when I get it.

Oh, where did you get those stats?

http://www.speedtest.net/

I dont have a problem with wireless strength, my xbox is connected via ethernet anyway, its just the actual internet connection is buggered.

better ping at least :/

Alright, I've finally found the xbox that I'm going to buy...now I'm just going to wait for the Halo Reach release. :awesome:
G8D
What one you opted for?

The Reach box? :daydreaming:

No :sigh: the elite :biggrin:

If I buy that I won't be able to afford a turtle beach headset and a whole load of other things. :o:
Reply 124
II was thinking of getting the Astro A30s, especially since they can be used for my X360 and Mac. A40s are too expensive.
Hey guys does amazon not guarentee delivery for halo reach on release day?
What about argos and tesco?
Reply 126
Aeon Prince
Hey guys does amazon not guarentee delivery for halo reach on release day?
What about argos and tesco?

Nope, in my experience amazon and argos have been pretty terrible, up to 4 days late.

Only ones I know which definately do are game and gamestation
Reply 127
cowsgoquack
http://www.speedtest.net/

I dont have a problem with wireless strength, my xbox is connected via ethernet anyway, its just the actual internet connection is buggered.

better ping at least :/

Your connection is fine for XBL, the bandwidth requirements for it are quite low (like 0.3Mb/s either way is enough), so bandwidth is almost never the problem with connection issues.

The only problems you'll be having will stem from the quality of your connection.
What xbox comes with internal wi-fi (no need for adaptor)? I'm thinking of replacing my launch 360 too.
Reply 129
Witchita
Nope, in my experience amazon and argos have been pretty terrible, up to 4 days late.

Only ones I know which definately do are game and gamestation

Interesting. Amazon are saying on their website choose First Class and have release-day delivery guaranteed, and since I've chosen the quicker Expedited I expect Amazon's estimation of delivery on the 14th to stay true.
Reply 130
For the first two weeks of reach I will be at home on my average connection, but after that I will be at Warwick Uni where the connection (especially at peak times) supposedly sucks. Oh well, looks like I will be playing at odd times lol.

I managed to get my mlg 49 on halo 3 today - really want my mlg 50 before reach!! I have got on a team for Halo Reach now too, so watch out for alucard-plumster-outclutch-syrinx when reach goes live!!!!
Reply 131
G8D
Got GOW2 late from Amazon :angry:
Never going anywhere but Game for pre-order ever again.

Which delivery option did you choose? Amazon have replied to an email i sent earlier, and they said that they full expect my delivery to arrive on the 14th with Expedited selected.
Reply 132
JonCha
Which delivery option did you choose? Amazon have replied to an email i sent earlier, and they said that they full expect my delivery to arrive on the 14th with Expedited selected.

But you have to pay en extra 5 pound or so for that? And they are dodgy even if you play for it. Better off with game or game station
Reply 133
G8D

hot.

Would smash.
Reply 134
G8D
As a friend of mine said on another site.

I'd glass that ass.

If I didn't just give out some rep, I'd rep you.

I also got an email from GAME saying that the game is now with the couriers.

Hopefully they'll decide to ship it out earlier :awesome:

Probs not though :frown:
Reply 135
I've been lurking the Reach thread in NeoGaf, and it was hilarious when they found out what was 'behind the mask'.
Reply 136
Tabris
If I didn't just give out some rep, I'd rep you.

I also got an email from GAME saying that the game is now with the couriers.

Hopefully they'll decide to ship it out earlier :awesome:

Probs not though :frown:

Following up from this, all I can say is son of a bitch.

A website I used a few years ago to buy some aftershave (DoverStreetMarket), got hacked last week and all the card details ever used on their website were hijacked, so they informed the issuers and got all the cards involved cancelled.

Unfortunately, one of those was the card I used to pre-order Halo Reach. So just as they were about to ship it this morning. FML.

So I just re-ordered it, I hope it makes it before the weekend...
Tabris
Following up from this, all I can say is son of a bitch.

A website I used a few years ago to buy some aftershave (DoverStreetMarket), got hacked last week and all the card details ever used on their website were hijacked, so they informed the issuers and got all the cards involved cancelled.

Unfortunately, one of those was the card I used to pre-order Halo Reach. So just as they were about to ship it this morning. FML.

So I just re-ordered it, I hope it makes it before the weekend...

even if u pre order it now again, wont it still arrive on time?
Reply 138
Aeon Prince
even if u pre order it now again, wont it still arrive on time?

I was hoping for an early delivery :awesome:

Picky beggar concept.

I need something new on the Xbox to play, I haven't gotten a new game since SSFIV, and I didn't play that as much as vanilla SFIV.
Reply 139
Can anyone recommend who to pre order from??

I have whittled it down to play.com, hmv and tesco online

Can get tesco 1 for £27~ with discounts and the hmv 1 is giving away 800 ms points

I guess it’s down to whether which 1 can deliver on the release date (I know play.com will but don’t know about the others) anyone have any experiences?

Quick Reply

Latest