The Student Room Group

TSR Halo Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I tanked a good few hours of it out at a LAN, I had a good ol' time. Enjoyed it way more than Reach.

fair enough
Reply 1541
Original post by Like_A_G6
My xbox scratched my halo 4 disk today to the point where it can't read it. It loads the '4' logo at the start, then the screen goes purple :frown:

It also won't save to the hard drive. If I get a friends copy and install it to the hard drive, will I still be able to launch the game from my own disc?

Yep! I did this with one of my friends games :smile:
Reply 1542
My favourite part of the campaign, in terms of gameplay, is the start of the last mission. Even though I kind of screwed it up about the first 20 times, I enjoyed it and the layout of the course.
Original post by chernid
My favourite part of the campaign, in terms of gameplay, is the start of the last mission. Even though I kind of screwed it up about the first 20 times, I enjoyed it and the layout of the course.

I did it without dying the first time... then died about 10 times every playthrough since.

Am I the only one who's painfully inconsistent in War Games?
Reply 1544
Original post by wrexhamfc
I did it without dying the first time... then died about 10 times every playthrough since.

Am I the only one who's painfully inconsistent in War Games?

Whenever I'm on War Games, I always end up on Team Swat, mostly because I'm awful at all the other game-types. Whenever I'm kind of focused on it I do well, but when I'm not (like if I'm trying to decide whether to try and do about 20 pieces of homework for the following day or not) I always end up doing crappy. I recently tried King of the Hill, and I quite liked it, but I'm still not very good at it.
Reply 1545
For some reason I am not enjoying Halo 4 enough to warrant playing it.

Major contributing factor is the rubbish set-up I have though, with the TV being a little under two metres off the ground and not big enough nor enough space in my room to get a good distance away that leaves me not straining my neck whenever I play. :frown:

Find it cringeworthy to play without anyone else, but when I do play in a party, I go all ultra competitive (more so than my skill level warrants!) and it becomes frustrating after a while if I don't come top of the lobby with any degree of consistency, and even though I have one of the highest K/Ds out of our video-game society (a paltry 1,5:1), I still feel others have a lot more skill and confidence than me. :frown:

Loved how I had a 1:2 kills to assist ratio for my first 150 kills though. :biggrin:
I can't seem to access maps on Halo 4. Have no idea why. I installed disc 2 and when I go to forge or custom games, no maps show up :s-smilie: I've tried deleting the installation of disc 2 and re installing it using someone else's disc 2, but I still get the same problem?

Any idea why this is the case?
Only done the first 3 missions of the campaign so far, but my god this game is fantastic. 343 did not let down after taking over the reigns, and have kept it fresh whilst staying true to the halo formula. Can't wait to fire up my xbox live again and start kicking some ass.
Sadly I went back to Reach as Halo 4 simply doesn't have the matchmaking gametypes I play. They have flag, but it's only 1 flag and it reveals the flag carrier, something I detest. I love the flood gametype, but it only keeps me amused for so long.

In fairness I haven't been on it for a while, have 343 released Big team objective yet? 2 flag? bomb? etc.
Original post by G8D
[video="youtube_share;aJiSPaVVgrE"]http://youtu.be/aJiSPaVVgrE[/video]

Oh Bungie <3

Original post by joey11223
Sadly I went back to Reach as Halo 4 simply doesn't have the matchmaking gametypes I play. They have flag, but it's only 1 flag and it reveals the flag carrier, something I detest. I love the flood gametype, but it only keeps me amused for so long.

In fairness I haven't been on it for a while, have 343 released Big team objective yet? 2 flag? bomb? etc.

This is what I'm waiting for, old school halo game types. I still think H4 is fantastic, and Griffball is back which is awesome, but I want objective based FFA and assault back. Maybe in the next matchmaking update :moon:
Reply 1550
When will 343 be releasing a TrueSkill ranking system?
I heard they were back in November, just before Halo 4 was actually released.
Original post by J10
When will 343 be releasing a TrueSkill ranking system?
I heard they were back in November, just before Halo 4 was actually released.

They said they were going to collate data and decide on the best ranking system to implement in "early 2013", but I don't recall them confirming it would be trueskill :holmes:
Still enjoying this game a lot, haven't managed to play it in a while but I'm hoping to have a go later this evening. SWAT is just too good :biggrin:
Who wants to come play Grifball sometime?
CSR Competitive Skill Rank

We have been working closely with several internal teams on optimizing the ranking system, and working to integrate it into your Waypoint player profile, accessible on web, phone and tablet.

More Details:
You will have a unique CSR visible per playlist.
Your highest CSR across all playlists will be promoted in the player profile on Halo Waypoint.
CSR uses familiar 1-50 scale.
When CSR launches, everyone will start with a fresh rating.

Our targeted launch date for CSR is April 2013, and we will be re-configuring some of our most competitive playlists to accommodate the launch of the feature.

{from the halo bulletin: 1.23.13 http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/01/23/The-Halo-Bulletin-12313.aspx }

I've just played a couple of games of it, great fun. I'm down for playing later or in the week sometime.

I also picked up a ridiculous amount of multikills in Oddball, I rarely get overkills but today I got at least one for three games in a row.

I'll be on this evening if you are. But can't stay past midnight, early rise tomorrow.
Haven't been here in ages.

New map pack is great, nice environmental visuals.
Had an unusually good day of playing yesterday with a couple of other TSR members. Went 23-0 and 16-0 in successive games and picked up a smattering of Overkills. Play sessions like that remind how good this game can be, even if it pales in comparison to H3 :h:
Original post by G8D
Apparently there's reason to believe Halo 3 is coming to PC.

[scrollr]:creep:[/scrollr]

:woo:

Quick Reply

Latest