The Official PuzzleDonkey Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Quick way - using the title. Put the answer in a desperate attempt to try guesses, laughing to myself. Almost fell of my chair when it worked.
you'll be killing yourself when you get to number seven.

guess what.... it's another word wheel.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
you'll be killing yourself when you get to number seven.

guess what.... it's another word wheel.
I spent a night over that damn thing and then it turned out to be a word I used tonnes in A-Level Media Studies, this one has me stumped at the moment.

Puzzle 18: The Three Bears
Ed has decided to start a business manufacturing women's undergarments for stuffed animals. Not that he knows anything about stuffed animals - or, indeed, women's undergarments - he just likes the name of the company.

I just can't get it, apparently it's all in the punctuation but my head hurtsssss
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I spent a night over that damn thing and then it turned out to be a word I used tonnes in A-Level Media Studies, this one has me stumped at the moment.

Puzzle 18: The Three Bears
Ed has decided to start a business manufacturing women's undergarments for stuffed animals. Not that he knows anything about stuffed animals - or, indeed, women's undergarments - he just likes the name of the company.

I just can't get it, apparently it's all in the punctuation but my head hurtsssss
ive just done the wheel (by way of programming all possibilities), im on the song with the lyrics changed.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That is pretty easy actually, think of a film where u could have seen that picture and it's rather a namesake for the "king" if you catch my drift? Oh and isn't Hugh Grant a bit of a wet shirt?
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
That is pretty easy actually, think of a film where u could have seen that picture and it's rather a namesake for the "king" if you catch my drift? Oh and isn't Hugh Grant a bit of a wet shirt?
are you talking about the one with hugh grant and julia roberts?
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
are you talking about the one with hugh grant and julia roberts?
yay! it is! i got it. thanks
guest1984
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
can someone tell me,how to do predictive text message on a mobile, 'cause i don't know how to !!!!!!
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i just worked it out
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i am stuck on q12 now, the hint was arm, advent, and ill O
:confused: any more hints?
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by guest1984)
i am stuck on q12 now, the hint was arm, advent, and ill O
:confused: any more hints?
erm armadillo
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Puzzle 4: Train Travel

I wanted to make a visit to a certain destination last week.

I got to the station, queued for 35 minutes and bought a one-way train ticket. As the stationmaster waved his flag and a train departed, I picked up a timetable and noticed the next departure times from platform 4 for my destination were 0915, 0507, 0630, 1230, 1037, 0722 and 0522.

Where was I going?

If you have ANY idea of what this is talking about, I reckon that the times are a code, please IM or e-mail me ....going doolaly in the third round
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Bloody thing crashed on me last night (just as I'd solved one :mad: ) and now I can't log in on my work computer to start mulling over the next question.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by theone)
What's the full name for the enterprise?
the full name doesnt work
"USS Enterprise NCC-1701"
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
even so, there was always one location in star trek that is guaranteed to appear in every episode.
space
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
space
are you still having trouble? PM me

Dani: help on "picture postcard"!!!!!!!!! i have decoded it. also i have seen the hidden letters in the picture, but i dont know what to do!!! (pencil queen, where are you now?)
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Stuck on 2.10 - I was sure it was horizon when the site went down last night :mad:

Picture postcard is that the where am I one? Ignore the coded text and hover over the 9 segments of the picture.
munchie_rox
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
can not do the scrabble thang...kinda know its gotta have two of z or q, and two 1 point words....but haven a clue...ne help??
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Stuck on 2.10 - I was sure it was horizon when the site went down last night :mad:

Picture postcard is that the where am I one? Ignore the coded text and hover over the 9 segments of the picture.
i have got the 9 hidden letters, just dont know what to do with them
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by munchie_rox)
can not do the scrabble thang...kinda know its gotta have two of z or q, and two 1 point words....but haven a clue...ne help??
if it has a Q, it has to have a U. finding the last letter is a bit of a doddle.
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm having trouble on the teeth one at the moment,

I thought it was gums to begin with, but seems I am on the wrong track.

The forums give a clue as TIME.

Hmmm, I'm still thinking.

Adam
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (385)
67.19%
No (188)
32.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed