The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
byb3
I'm having trouble on the teeth one at the moment,

I thought it was gums to begin with, but seems I am on the wrong track.

The forums give a clue as TIME.

Hmmm, I'm still thinking.

Adam

you have to use your cognative abilities as a human being to recognise the right solution. i recognised it when i thought about TIME and clockwork clocks.
Reply 261
elpaw
you have to use your cognative abilities as a human being to recognise the right solution. i recognised it when i thought about TIME and clockwork clocks.

got it straight away.

Was upset when [edit]s didn't work, but when [edit] went through i was very happy.
elpaw
i have got the 9 hidden letters, just dont know what to do with them

Re-arrange into a word

(btw did you crack the code thing - it looked like I'd have to write something down so I didn't bother <lazy>)
Reply 263
elpaw

Oooh, very clever elpaw.
gaah - just got 2.10....bloody annoyingly obvious :biggrin:
Reply 265
Lord Huntroyde
Oooh, very clever elpaw.

dont make it so obvious. you have a knack for doing that (arm-advert-ill o!!!!)
elpaw
dont make it so obvious. you have a knack for doing that (arm-advert-ill o!!!!)

yeah but even with that (and the fact that in the post above I'd shortened advert to ad) I stared at the post for ages before it clicked :rolleyes:
Reply 267
If anyone would like to help me with 1.17??
Anyone in the mood for tracing this out
Lord Huntroyde
If anyone would like to help me with 1.17??

Which one's that?
Reply 270
Pencil Queen
Which one's that?

Who turned reptiles into bees into fish followed by birds, boats, fish again and then horses?
Lord Huntroyde
Who turned reptiles into bees into fish followed by birds, boats, fish again and then horses?

Either do an image search for metamorphosis on google or search for the same word on http://www.wikipedia.com
Reply 272
Pencil Queen
Re-arrange into a word

(btw did you crack the code thing - it looked like I'd have to write something down so I didn't bother <lazy>)

it's a substitution cypher (one letter replaced by another). you dont really have to do it. it says "this text is a complete red herring i'm afraid. you have just wasted your time!"
elpaw
it's a substitution cypher (one letter replaced by another). you dont really have to do it. it says "this text is a complete red herring i'm afraid. you have just wasted your time!"

hehehehe - can't say they don't have a sense of humour
Reply 274
Pencil Queen
hehehehe - can't say they don't have a sense of humour

i got the word in the end. i thought it had too few vowels to be a real word. i had thought that maybe it was a code and i had to turn it back into the plaintext using the substitution cipher that was in the text.
Reply 275
Pencil Queen
Anyone in the mood for tracing this out

are you bothering to do this one?
elpaw
are you bothering to do this one?

Giving it a break for now - started doing it and I think I'm working backwards (got "xunil fo" for the first bit - reckon it'll turn into a what is the something "of linux")
Reply 277
Pencil Queen
Giving it a break for now - started doing it and I think I'm working backwards (got "xunil fo" for the first bit - reckon it'll turn into a what is the something "of linux")

i'll know not to start with the x then!
Going the other way I got "what..." and then got muddled - think I might copy it into paint and zoom in drawing over the lines...
Reply 279
Whoever changed my title could at least have included the 'T'.

Latest

Trending

Trending