The Official PuzzleDonkey Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
Just wondered if anyone has actually completed it all yet, you've all been taking your time
im stuck on 3:20 and have been since monday.
happysunshine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
im stuck on 3:20 and have been since monday.
Well it is good you've stuck at it
Emz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Has anyone completed 4.11? I got stuck on it yesterday and thought I'd sleep on it and try again today but I'm having no more luck. I have the first part but can't seem to get the second no matter what I try. I think i'm going slowly insane with this!

(If you've past this, it's the one titled 'It's chineasy!')
missmelonhead
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
okay... ive read EVERY post in this thread and i havent found any help at all.... its question 9:

What line connects

chicken hearted beer
young tree
arms dump
women's lib ends here
enraged monarch
Crowe's four sider
Please cross here sir

theres a piccie of the donkey with a train set.......

PLEASE help its driving me CRAZY!!!!
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by missmelonhead)
okay... ive read EVERY post in this thread and i havent found any help at all.... its question 9:

What line connects

chicken hearted beer
young tree
arms dump
women's lib ends here
enraged monarch
Crowe's four sider
Please cross here sir

theres a piccie of the donkey with a train set.......

PLEASE help its driving me CRAZY!!!!
ignore the picture
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Emz)
Has anyone completed 4.11? I got stuck on it yesterday and thought I'd sleep on it and try again today but I'm having no more luck. I have the first part but can't seem to get the second no matter what I try. I think i'm going slowly insane with this!

(If you've past this, it's the one titled 'It's chineasy!')
I'm stuck at exactly the same stage!

elpaw, look at the position of the green letters and where they appear in each word and then the final word of the column - then do the same for the red letters.
ruthie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
ignore the picture
no dont! think about the picture and the title!! then decipher them enraged monarch is the easiest! think trains!!!
ruthie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
ignore the picture
no dont ignore the picture! look at the picture and think about the title!!! then decipher the bullet points thing enraged monarch that helps! think trains!!!! and what line connects them! going through the points once u get enraged monarch there are 3 possibilitys!

on another point does anybody have any hints on 20 its driving me insane!!!!!!
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ruthie)
no dont! think about the picture and the title!! then decipher them enraged monarch is the easiest! think trains!!!
i thought "arms dump" and "chicken hearted beer" were the easiest. with 20, you would be well off using an atlas.
ruthie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
i thought "arms dump" and "chicken hearted beer" were the easiest. with 20, you would be well off using an atlas.
ive got that there coordinates! cant find some of them! the first seems to be philadelphia? but cant find an atlas? and websites not helping! ARGH
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Look at the title and think of the first six-letter word that comes into your head. That's how I did it.
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Zoo
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 85ah11)
Look at the title and think of the first six-letter word that comes into your head. That's how I did it.
I still haven't got a clue about 3.20
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you look at the first column, all the coloured letters in the first three words appear in the same positions in the final word. All the red letters in the first three words appear in the final word, just not in the same place. If you apply this to the second column then the final word is _ R _ _ _ E D with the letters A, K and R somewhere in the blanks.

Does that help?
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 85ah11)
If you look at the first column, all the coloured letters in the first three words appear in the same positions in the final word. All the red letters in the first three words appear in the final word, just not in the same place. If you apply this to the second column then the final word is _ R _ _ _ E D with the letters A, K and R somewhere in the blanks.

Does that help?
aaaaah, that helps a lot, i was going along the lines that all the green letters appeared in SOLVED and all the red letters appeared in the other word. cheers
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
Well it is good you've stuck at it
I gave up...work got busy
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No problem. I'm stuck on 5.03 now which is a beast of a question. It's another one of those keyboard ones, but there are lines everywhere!
slimpig
Report 14 years ago
I've done ok on my own up til now but 2.9 is a stinker! It's the Picture Postcard one with the red herring message (what a waste of 5 minutes!). Now all I've got to work with is a picture of somewhere I don't recognise and I don't have a clue what to do with it. I've pasted it it to paintshop pro and discovered its 9 separate pics- is that relevent? Help!

Ooh, and I've just found the hidden letters, give me a minute, i might crack this one yet!
slimpig
Report 14 years ago
nevermind, I rock.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what colour is a 65p stamp supposed to be if a 1st class stamp is steel blue, a 2nd class stamp is sycamore green and a European class stamp is slate gray?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1388)
79.59%
Leave (356)
20.41%

Watched Threads