The Official PuzzleDonkey Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
What game, with two popular variants, is famous for having ivory pieces?
Can't remember that one, too long ago, sorry.
Amb1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Can't remember that one, too long ago, sorry.
aaagh! I can't do it! *strop strop strop!!*
Fleffzilla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
aaagh! I can't do it! *strop strop strop!!*
You're thinking about the wrong type of game, I'm sure... There's games that you play and...?
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fleff)
You're thinking about the wrong type of game, I'm sure... There's games that you play and...?
Got it before I saw this post. Thanks anyway. Bin trying to figure out pd2:1:4 for yonks (yonks should be used more - yonks yonks yonks...). I'm pretty sure it's about compass points but can't get it right!! Am I on the right tracks?
Fleffzilla
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
Got it before I saw this post. Thanks anyway. Bin trying to figure out pd2:1:4 for yonks (yonks should be used more - yonks yonks yonks...). I'm pretty sure it's about compass points but can't get it right!! Am I on the right tracks?
If that's the one that asks what WSW equals, think about the numbers on the clock in the picture, and yes, compass points...
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fleff)
If that's the one that asks what WSW equals, think about the numbers on the clock in the picture, and yes, compass points...
It's driving me crazy. I get the compass and the clock and that E=3=C, S=6=CC...W prob=CCC, WSW=8 oclock... I've tried CCLL, CCLC, LLCC, CLCC CCCLCC......... and nothing is right! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
85ah11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
It's driving me crazy. I get the compass and the clock and that E=3=C, S=6=CC...W prob=CCC, WSW=8 oclock... I've tried CCLL, CCLC, LLCC, CLCC CCCLCC......... and nothing is right! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Think of it as though you've got 400 degrees in a circle.

Going round clockwise

C = 100 degrees = E
CL = 150 degrees = SE
CC = 200 degrees = S
CCL = 250 degrees = SW
CCC = 300 degrees = W

? = 275 degrees = WSW
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've ground to a halt on 4.11 now. I've figured out the letters I think but they just seem random no matter which way I read them. Are the letters read one way and the words another, as this first sentence which everybody gets easily and I haven't got is making me feel a bit stupid....

Anybody have some input? The thing I'm trying to make sense of is this.

Thanks (and rep) in advance anybody!
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by meepmeep)
I've ground to a halt on 4.11 now. I've figured out the letters I think but they just seem random no matter which way I read them. Are the letters read one way and the words another, as this first sentence which everybody gets easily and I haven't got is making me feel a bit stupid....

Anybody have some input? The thing I'm trying to make sense of is this.

Thanks (and rep) in advance anybody!
Pop it into paint and flip through 90 degrees. Ignore the 2nd column and then every 3rd column and read what you see in front of you. Then all you have to do is to use the remaining letters to figure out the answer.
Fleffzilla
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
L=50
X=10
V=5
C=100

This is if you haven't already worked it out
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 85ah11)
Pop it into paint and flip through 90 degrees. Ignore the 2nd column and then every 3rd column and read what you see in front of you. Then all you have to do is to use the remaining letters to figure out the answer.
Thanks a lot for the help. (I was trying to read it diagonally and all sorts and was not making much headway). You've earned the rep and you'll receive it as soon as I can give. Thanks again.
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Anyone willing to help me out with PD2 2.20?

You know you love it really

for e=5 to n

{

w = a[1] + e * (5 + e)

n = (g + 1 + a[n]) * (d + 60)

r = (d + e) * r

}
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is anyone doing puzzle donkey 3? As usual I can't get passed the 1st blummin puzzle. :rolleyes: Any help would be greatly appreciated. I get the feeling I'm not supposed to be thinking of a beatles song...??? :confused:
Bezza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
Is anyone doing puzzle donkey 3? As usual I can't get passed the 1st blummin puzzle. :rolleyes: Any help would be greatly appreciated. I get the feeling I'm not supposed to be thinking of a beatles song...??? :confused:
Got it first time!! What else could you take which one to refer to?
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bezza)
Got it first time!! What else could you take which one to refer to?
aaagh! I DON'T KNOW!!!
Bezza
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
aaagh! I DON'T KNOW!!!
The first person is trying to be funny
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bezza)
The first person is trying to be funny
I so don't get this one. I've tried hair, hat, nose, mind, wings, own, shell, insect, buzz......and I'm trying to think of the sound that beetles make...? I'm completely stumped.
Bezza
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
I so don't get this one. I've tried hair, hat, nose, mind, wings, own, shell, insect, buzz......and I'm trying to think of the sound that beetles make...? I'm completely stumped.
You're on the right line with body parts - think about the first line, and where it is (can't give much more of a clue than that!)
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bezza)
You're on the right line with body parts - think about the first line, and where it is (can't give much more of a clue than that!)
Thankyou for the clues. I seem to be thicker than I thought I was I still don't get it! I'm trying out all the body parts I can think of. I almost don't want to know because that will clearly trigger huge embarrassment for me!!
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
GOT IT!!! but I still don't get it *confused*
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads