This discussion is closed.
xskater
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
While studing the AQA Pure 4 module we used a heinmann book as revision and for questions.

Anyone doing AQA Maths will most likely know the heinmann books as we used them all last year for all the AS modules.

Now we're moving on to Pure 5 our teacher and heinmann books have stated there are no such books available as the syallbus is likely to change. Are there any exisiting books on the market which can be used for revision on PURE 5 ?
PuRKiSs
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
If this is AQA Spec A your talking about I just did that since January, and I had to use the really really bad draft copy that has DRAFT in big letters over every single page.

I think teachers can download them using centre numbers from AQA website, they are ok but sometimes the explanation is really poor and they are littered with mistakes.

How did everyone find the Pure 5 exam?
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PuRKiSs)
If this is AQA Spec A your talking about I just did that since January, and I had to use the really really bad draft copy that has DRAFT in big letters over every single page.

I think teachers can download them using centre numbers from AQA website, they are ok but sometimes the explanation is really poor and they are littered with mistakes.

How did everyone find the Pure 5 exam?

The chance of xskater replying is slip seeing as you dragged this up from January. Please be more careful in future.

However, in response to what you said re the text books, they are available on the AQA website, however, it isn't neccessary to be a member of staff, as by A-Level time everyone knows their centre number, and has an email address. Even I downloaded them last year !

They of course will be invalid by the time next September's new AS Maths intake step in, due to the whole shake up of AQA Maths specifications.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.71%
No (266)
33.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed