The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
jimmyriddle
hey...ive applied to do architecture too at: sheffield, ucl, nottingham, cardiff.........neone kno what ucl request? coz ive heard there requirements for the portfolio are a bit strange....and if neone has got offers from ne of those other uni's wot are they? so far got nottingam at aab and sheffield at abb.
and how come some people have received bbb from nottigham while others aab???

Hey .. UCL sent me a request for a portfolio and it is wierd.. They want all the usual stuff like paintings, sketches blah blah but then they also want me to include something that I like but i think they wont like and I have to explain why ..
These is the status of my applications so far :
AA : Interview
UCL : Asked for portfolio
Cambridge : pooled
Nottingham : BBB
Bath : AAB
Newcastle : ABB
Sheffield : Rejected (I called to ask why and its apprantly because I didnt do art gcse or alevel .. bastards.. - not that I want to go there its just a backup but ... it feels bad being rejected by your backup !!!)

Have you gotten anything from UCL yet ?
nope not yet, apparently they reply late so still waiting......an object u like but they wont!??!?!?....like an art related object?... crazy
Reply 42
jimmyriddle
nope not yet, apparently they reply late so still waiting......an object u like but they wont!??!?!?....like an art related object?... crazy

yeah I think so .. I dont know .. I have NO idea what im going to put in
jimmyriddle
hey...ive applied to do architecture too at: sheffield, ucl, nottingham, cardiff.........neone kno what ucl request? coz ive heard there requirements for the portfolio are a bit strange....and if neone has got offers from ne of those other uni's wot are they? so far got nottingam at aab and sheffield at abb.

exactly! my offer is AAB. swines. AND they insisted i pass my 2 yr AS. why r they GIVING away BBB offers? jimmy, r u in a private school? that could be it. i've been rejected from nearly all my backups. why is architecture getting so bloody demanding??? i should call my rejections n give them a piece of my mind.

arch is arty AND sciency, it depends where u go. eg UCL is v. arts based, whereas notts is much more mathsy. they like it if u do a mix of both kinds of subjects tho.

dont get ur hopes up with the AA, it's not the be all and end all. go to notts, it's the best. r u in a private school?
jimmyriddle

exactly! my offer is AAB. swines. AND they insisted i pass my 2 yr AS. why r they GIVING away BBB offers? jimmy, r u in a private school? that could be it. i've been rejected from nearly all my backups. why is architecture getting so bloody demanding??? i should call my rejections n give them a piece of my mind.

arch is arty AND sciency, it depends where u go. eg UCL is v. arts based, whereas notts is much more mathsy. they like it if u do a mix of both kinds of subjects tho.

dont get ur hopes up with the AA, it's not the be all and end all. go to notts, it's the best. r u in a private school?
yup private school....although some one in my school got a bbb offer so dont think it depends on type of school but she does do 4 a levels while i do 3......nottingham is more maths based??? hmm thats putting me off now...woz top choise maybe not nemore would preffer more arty course...
Reply 46
arch@ntnghm

Im in aprivate school & do 4 Alevels.. the AA sounds very good - ive spoken to lots of architects who have said that the AA is the be all end all :P lol ... you know what I mean ... I really wanna go there or to UCL
Reply 47
so..anymore info on the AA ? accomodation, facilities. . ( Ive seen the site .. anything else ?)
adelz
Im in aprivate school & do 4 Alevels.. the AA sounds very good - ive spoken to lots of architects who have said that the AA is the be all end all :P lol ... you know what I mean ... I really wanna go there or to UCL

check out the courses in the prospectuses, u can get a better idea about the maths load. i mean, it's architecture, so there'll always b an element of maths n physics in it, as well as art.

Ok, about offers, did u disclose your AS results? Did your BBB friend? what did u get in ASs jimmy? and adelz? i really really should have disclosed mine... oh well.
Reply 49
arch@ntnghm
check out the courses in the prospectuses, u can get a better idea about the maths load. i mean, it's architecture, so there'll always b an element of maths n physics in it, as well as art.

Ok, about offers, did u disclose your AS results? Did your BBB friend? what did u get in ASs jimmy? and adelz? i really really should have disclosed mine... oh well.

I got a BBB offer without disclosing my AS results. . I got AAAB at A/s otherwise, which was what I was predicted..
only put one AS grade down- b economics........the others i didnt put down coz im continuing them to A....
is it true that architecture is a ridiculous amount of work, esspecially at nottingham...i quote....:

"Quaggalad wrote:
Don't do Architecture at Nottingham cause they think we are all superhuman and that we have 48 hours in a day not 24!

yep. I'm with Tom.

It's bollocks. They work you so hard and it's the same up and down the country. Don't do it unless you're a) hxc b) lovin' it c) gay."

hahaha...so thats a bit worrying
Reply 51
jimmyriddle
only put one AS grade down- b economics........the others i didnt put down coz im continuing them to A....
is it true that architecture is a ridiculous amount of work, esspecially at nottingham...i quote....:

"Quaggalad wrote:
Don't do Architecture at Nottingham cause they think we are all superhuman and that we have 48 hours in a day not 24!

yep. I'm with Tom.

It's bollocks. They work you so hard and it's the same up and down the country. Don't do it unless you're a) hxc b) lovin' it c) gay."

hahaha...so thats a bit worrying

lol .. well.. i think ill love it .. i dont know if ill end up going to nottingham though, if i get UCL or AA i think ill be there

Latest