The Student Room Group

chicken pox scars - how do you cover them up successfully?

ok, heres the thing. Last year i caught chicken pox from my brother (still not forgiven him yet), at the age of 14½! anyways...all but two of my scars have dissappeared, and these last two are really bothering me :mad:
They are on my face and really stand out under artificial light, especially as i dont have neither spots nor blemishes on my face.
Does anyone have some advice on how to conceal them SUCCESSFULLY with makeup or whatever, like what shall i use etc..

thanky'all for your help
Reply 1
one thing you could try is Vitamin E oil, I've heard that if you use it every morning and evening for a few weeks then its good at healing scars. I've started using it on some insect bites I got over the summer that scarred me! ..I think its working although it could be an illusion
Reply 2
Reply 3
Try laser removal---I guess the doc just zaps them off..Oh and use lemon juice maybe to reduce their appearance.

(I have never gotten chicken pox and I'm 18!! I got the shot though...)
My sister used Bio Oil on stretch marks and she said that it really worked. The label says that it works for scars too. Good luck.
Reply 5
Amina1989
ok, heres the thing. Last year i caught chicken pox from my brother (still not forgiven him yet), at the age of 14½! anyways...all but two of my scars have dissappeared, and these last two are really bothering me :mad:
They are on my face and really stand out under artificial light, especially as i dont have neither spots nor blemishes on my face.
Does anyone have some advice on how to conceal them SUCCESSFULLY with makeup or whatever, like what shall i use etc..

thanky'all for your help

use DERMACOLOUR camoflage makeup- i get it from my hosp but u can get it online probably. its the best and lasts up to 2 days.and is waterproof.

try azaelic acid cream from the docs to fade it. didnt work for me tho
Reply 6
Get some sandpaper and sand the rest of your skin down to the same level as the chicken box scar so it looks perfectly flat and super smooth. Mabybe some ronseal quick drying varnish on top of it all for added effect
Reply 7
Hehe , funny , although im sure not entirely helpful.

Hehehehe....does exactly what it says on the tin!

Latest

Trending

Trending