This discussion is closed.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I never said I said everybody should be allowed to go uni no matter what the background. As longs as they have the right amount of UCAS points.
so as long as they have the right amounts of UCAS points, what about people that pissed around in college and now settle down to work hard in university.
pkonline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
I am just saying that I dont think I should be forced to pay for services I will never use. I think that is reasonable enough. To be quite honest, I don't care about all these other people, they can look after themselves. I think I should pay for services I am going to use but no others.
But even though you may never use some services, you will always need the assurance that it is there for you if circumstance changed. Most people at some point in their life, do need a little help.

(Original post by JSM)
no, because we are all indiviuals and the only of doing that fairly would be in a totalitarian state- which is nto fair as there is very little freedom.
Shouldn't you believe in a minimal system though, rather than none at all if you fear a totalitarian state? Seems you like comparing extremes and political theory, rather than looking at practical, everyday politics.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by pkonline)
But even though you may never use some services, you will always need the assurance that it is there for you if circumstance changed. Most people at some point in their life, do need a little help.

Shouldn't you believe in a minimal system though, rather than none at all if you fear a totalitarian state? Seems you like comparing extremes and political theory, rather than looking at practical, everyday politics.

sorry i do believe in a minimal system or for thsoe who really need help
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
sorry i do believe in a minimal system or for thsoe who really need help
Oh so you do believe in a welfare state then. For a minute there I thought you wanted to scrap it or something silly !
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by pkonline)
Oh so you do believe in a welfare state then. For a minute there I thought you wanted to scrap it or something silly !
i wanna scarp it, but you need a minimal state for the army - feudalism had a state
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
so as long as they have the right amounts of UCAS points, what about people that pissed around in college and now settle down to work hard in university.
Yes thats fine but you often find if they pissed about at college and go straight into uni they haven't changed. If I was an admissions tutor I would rather go for a Mature student with less points than one with the points but looks like they mess about.
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
i wanna scarp it, but you need a minimal state for the army - feudalism had a state
But from your responses it didn't seem to me that the army was an example of something you'd take if offered.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (220)
68.11%
No (103)
31.89%

Watched Threads