This discussion is closed.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
wow, last night i managed to spend a grand total of £3. and i had a great time and got nicely drunk.

it was simple- i went round to my friend's house to keep him company (he just got dumped) + so did his best mate + my best mate (a couple) and we basically drank his parents alcohol supply (they were away)- it was only when he produced the whisky i said i shouldn't be drinking because i'm ill (bacardi breezers and wine don't count, honest). we then walked in town (well i got a piggy-back) + went to a rock night which was free entry where i payed £1 for cloakroom + then £2 for a vodka + coke, but by then i nice and tipsy. and then i got a lift home from my lovely older brother so didn't have to get taxi.

total spending: £3
money left now (from original budget): £1.80

beat that

lou xxx
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
wow, last night i managed to spend a grand total of £3. and i had a great time and got nicely drunk.

it was simple- i went round to my friend's house to keep him company (he just got dumped) + so did his best mate + my best mate (a couple) and we basically drank his parents alcohol supply (they were away)- it was only when he produced the whisky i said i shouldn't be drinking because i'm ill (bacardi breezers and wine don't count, honest). we then walked in town (well i got a piggy-back) + went to a rock night which was free entry where i payed £1 for cloakroom + then £2 for a vodka + coke, but by then i nice and tipsy. and then i got a lift home from my lovely older brother so didn't have to get taxi.

total spending: £3
money left now (from original budget): £1.80

beat that

lou xxx
sounds good !!!
lou p lou
Rep:
?
(Original post by prince_capri)
sounds good !!!
but can anyone beat it?

i guess i could have saved money by not taking a coat... *confesses that was the first time i have ever taken a coat into town + i normally end up with hypothermia etc.*

lou xxx
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
but can anyone beat it?

i guess i could have saved money by not taking a coat... *confesses that was the first time i have ever taken a coat into town + i normally end up with hypothermia etc.*

lou xxx
i do not know much about coat...but lemme beat u...after all u challenged !!!

i went to a friend's birthday party...his mother drove us and a couple of other friends to a club....and there i met a gal, she insisted on buying me a drink....and i had a coke, since i do not drink !!! ( i know that it was unethical,......but she approached me !!! )
We came back and my friend paid the taxi fare since it was his party .....

i took a gift for him worh 1.50 quid !!!

Dies that beat ur record......huh !!!
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My friend and I used to go out on under £3. I would drink mum and dads cheap alcohol= £0
then dad would run me to my friends = £0

I would drink her cheap alcohol = £0

then her boyf would give us a lift into town = £0

Go clubbing entry cost = £0
You can get a text message if you get in before £11 you get £5 of free drinks vouchers
Malibu and coke is about £2ish on offer with a £1 each time of free drinks vouchers I could get about 3. Then I would drink water and at the end of the night my friends bro would give us a lift home for free.
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
My friend and I used to go out on under £3. I would drink mum and dads cheap alcohol= £0
then dad would run me to my friends = £0

I would drink her cheap alcohol = £0

then her boyf would give us a lift into town = £0

Go clubbing entry cost = £0
You can get a text message if you get in before £11 you get £5 of free drinks vouchers
Malibu and coke is about £2ish on offer with a £1 each time of free drinks vouchers I could get about 3. Then I would drink water and at the end of the night my friends bro would give us a lift home for free.

well done man !!!
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The cheapest night I had cost me £9 but that involved clubbing. I did have a friend that used to be my all the alchohol at his house.
lou p lou
Rep:
?
(Original post by amazingtrade)
The cheapest night I had cost me £9 but that involved clubbing. I did have a friend that used to be my all the alchohol at his house.
£9 would be quite an expensive night for me- my main expense is my taxi home (which is less than £5). but all the clubs in my town are cheap and you don't normally have to pay to get in (unless it's after about 12).

lou xxx
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
£9 would be quite an expensive night for me- my main expense is my taxi home (which is less than £5). but all the clubs in my town are cheap and you don't normally have to pay to get in (unless it's after about 12).

lou xxx
why are we actually talking about ur cheapest ights ???
lou p lou
Rep:
?
(Original post by prince_capri)
why are we actually talking about ur cheapest ights ???
cos i was bored, and was amazed at how little i had spent (even by my standards)...

lou xxx
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

lou xxx
Do other people pay the drinks for you? I normaly spend around £20 and I can get the bus back so its free. I go out around 6:30 and stay out till 2:00am. The clubs are about £2 in here for cheap ones before 11:00 and then its about £1.00 a drink.

I guess most of my money goes in the pub and on food.

Typcial breakdown

Cost of a pint in my area (Chorlton, South Manchester) £2.30 * 4 = £9.20

Food = £3

Club entry fee = £2
Cloak room fee £1
Drinks in club £1 * 4

So thats where all my money goes.
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
cos i was bored, and was amazed at how little i had spent (even by my standards)...

lou xxx
well, its ok then !!!
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hmmm last night went to a bar: (if u are going to/in bristol the tabacco factory, great place)

2 pints of bud: 4.80

+an omelette and chips at chinese across the road: 3.50

total: £9.30

hmmm...

cheapest is house partys, just take some of your parents beer round lol.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Woah its all so cheap! I can't get into town without getting the bus, and its £1.20 in (strangely after 8pm when the nightbuses start bus fare goes down to £1, but its a set fare so although it makes it 20p cheaper for me, people who usually pay 60p have to pay £1) and then £2 back (cos usually i come back after 11pm), so thats at least £3 gone before i've even started on drinks! I went out on thursday and the whole night cost me about £25 - just to buy myself and a friend a drink in this bar called Casa (which is relatively cheap) was £5! Its not fair!
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
Woah its all so cheap! I can't get into town without getting the bus, and its £1.20 in (strangely after 8pm when the nightbuses start bus fare goes down to £1, but its a set fare so although it makes it 20p cheaper for me, people who usually pay 60p have to pay £1) and then £2 back (cos usually i come back after 11pm), so thats at least £3 gone before i've even started on drinks! I went out on thursday and the whole night cost me about £25 - just to buy myself and a friend a drink in this bar called Casa (which is relatively cheap) was £5! Its not fair!
buses are ridicously expensive in bristol, its about £2.20 return to go about 2 miles into town from my nearest bus stop.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
buses are ridicously expensive in bristol, its about £2.20 return to go about 2 miles into town from my nearest bus stop.
Yeah but trouble is you can't buy a return after 8pm (so it costs you £1 in and £2 back) and if you go into town before 8 and buy a return its £2.30 BUT you have to come back before 11pm. Its stupid (but cheaper than a taxi which would cost me about £10).
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah but trouble is you can't buy a return after 8pm (so it costs you £1 in and £2 back) and if you go into town before 8 and buy a return its £2.30 BUT you have to come back before 11pm. Its stupid (but cheaper than a taxi which would cost me about £10).

yea....this is the case in many places !!!
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
heh heh, for me and my mates it cheaper to share a taxi home than a bus, unbelievable
lou p lou
Rep:
?
(Original post by MattG)
arriva, the main bus company in my area, have a great little thing going. anyone between 16 and 21 (dont have to be a student) can have all journeys for 80p. all you have to do is is send them a form with some kidn of proof of age and £1 (basically to cover admin stuff) and you get a pass that lasts a year. it can be used on all arriva buses in the north-west and means i don't have to pay £2.20 just to get to my bfs house.

lou xxx
emzie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
taxis r so expensive round my area, i have to pay £30 to 10 miles on thursday!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (148)
60.66%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.51%
No- I want it (68)
27.87%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.97%

Watched Threads