This discussion is closed.
Kish
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Are there any sites for people who are doing triple science at GCSe for revision. I am finding it extremely hard-any revision tips? and lastly did anyone do it for their mock exams- How did u fond it? hard or easy? Does revising actuaally help?
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kish)
Are there any sites for people who are doing triple science at GCSe for revision. I am finding it extremely hard-any revision tips? and lastly did anyone do it for their mock exams- How did u fond it? hard or easy? Does revising actuaally help?
"does revising actually help" - no, its often better to go into an exam with little knowledge and many gaps of knowledge, aswell as a lack of practising questions and defintiely not to thoroughly understand the subject.

good luck.
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kish)
is there such a thing as triple science?? :confused:
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
is there such a thing as triple science?? :confused:
Triple science are the three sciences, Biology, Chemistry and Physics as seperate GCSEs. So it should be GCSE Biology, GCSE Chemistry.... but is often shortened to "Triple Science".
Double and single science are combinations of all three sciences but only worth 2 and 1 GCSE(s) respectively.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
"does revising actually help" - no, its often better to go into an exam with little knowledge and many gaps of knowledge, aswell as a lack of practising questions and defintiely not to thoroughly understand the subject.

good luck.
No need to be facetious.
Alexander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
No need to be facetious.
You have to admit that "Does revising actuaally help?" was a rather silly question.
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alexander)
You have to admit that "Does revising actuaally help?" was a rather silly question.
I've heard worse.
Niaya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i am doing triple scince i tried the GCSE bitesize course but that dint help as for this year all my exams are multiple choice and on the bitesize tests you have to give writen answers and i kept getting then wrong because i cant spell i will keep looking and let you know what i find good luck
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
You may be able to download the complete syllabus from the website of your exam board (I could for OCR). This tells you everything you need to learn so if you make sure you know and understand every point you can probably be pretty sure of getting 85%+ in the exam. I find this very useful for physics and biology, but not so useful for chemistry.
scotton
Report 16 years ago
The best advice I can give is find revision guides for your specific syllabus. If you're not sure of the exact syllabus then ask your teacher, then if they don't know... cry.

I thought that the best way to revise was with a friend (who isn't easily distracted) and take it in turns to explain one theory to one another. It helps because you have to first understand the theory to explain it, then if your frind asks you questions you can expand your knowledge even further.

I did triple science too... the multiple choice thing must be a blessing?

Sarah xxx
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wish i was doin triple .......so i only get 2 grades fo my science..wen i study all three sciences.....no fair!
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yup get yourself some revision guides to supplement those textbooks that the school may have given you. I found this useful as different textbooks will often approach a topic from a different angle and so you may find one better for some areas and another for other areas.

I never found the internet much use for revision.
Niaya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its is in a way but we have to do written papers in year 11 and i am worried i will forget how to answer the questions
Spiral
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I do tripple science as well (edexcel) and i find the revision books very helpful, but i don't think they do any that cover modules 13-18 :mad: .

But i'm also confused cos here http://www.uk-learning.net/t21794.html Kish has posted asking if getting a grade CC for double science is good, and on this post he's talking about tripple science?!
littleone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The CGP triple sscience book was very helpful to me. i did very little in classes it helped me to get 3 A's.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (477)
59.48%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.36%
No- I want it (229)
28.55%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.61%

Watched Threads