Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right now I don't know what to do with myself. I am currently living in Perth, Australia. I'm doing a history, & philosophy degree at Murdoch university, and truth be told. I am fed up of living in Perth; every time I leave Perth for a short time and come back, I just feel like I've had enough of it. I've lived here for 6 years, and have struggled to settle here.

So I am wondering whether or not I should return to England, and attend a university there. However there are several things that are putting me off from moving back.

First off the weather. I have not been in England for 16 years now, and I am not use to the cold, or the sun setting before 5pm. This is probably a little thing compared to others, but I have never experienced frost, or hail.

The next thing is the countries economy. Right now Australia's economy is fine, and I'm living okay for the time being at my job. I am worried if I moved over there if I'd be able to get a job considering the high unemployment rate.

The other thing is I'm not happy with the degree I'm doing I wanted to do a romance language, but none of the universities here offer a romance language. I'm not happy with my choices, but I don't like the other options at the university, and I'm not happy at the university in general.

I do have family there, and though I know no one but my family in England, I hoping I might be able to get settled quickly. I have given Australia 6 years now, and hardly been able to settle.

I am looking to applying to a university somewhere in the midlands, close by to Sheffield. Also Im told the cost of living is quite good here as well as the services the city offers.

ReputationRep:
    ??

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion...You need to do whatever feels right for you. If you are unhappy you should make a change. Besides, the weather over here isn't all that bad really, we even get snow occassionally
    As for the economy, if you move to a university town then there are bound to be a few part time jobs going at the start of the year if you look hard enough.
    In all honesty though, nobody on here can give you the answer to your question. Moving to the other side of the world is a big thing and you shouldn't make a decision based on what other people think, it should be what feels right for you. Having said that though, I think that if you think a change will do you good then I say go for it. You only live once.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.