The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
We were never going to get a huge price for a Ibra as said, he is nearing 30 and all ties with the Pep were severed so Milan had the upper hand. Nonetheless they will pay his wages next season which means when they buy him the transfer will near 40m euros when finalised.

Will be interesting to see why he fell out with Pep, reports are that he wasn't happy with Messi's favouritism, if true then he's a bigger idiot than I thought.

The only cons with this deal is we lost some money, the pros far outweight this. Overall satisified.
I thought it was about him not playing. He played very little after we lost to Inter.
Barça
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
I thought it was about him not playing. He played very little after we lost to Inter.
Considering that we played alot better when he was out it no loss there. However he was talking about how he Pep took the happines away from him, I'd like to know what that's all about.
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
"I have moved here to win the Champions League with Milan. I want to win the double."

Last season Inter, now Barca are going to win the CL, rofl.
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
Considering that we played alot better when he was out it no loss there. However he was talking about how he Pep took the happines away from him, I'd like to know what that's all about.
I know. I wonder what was that all about. But I wouldnt say he failed entirely. He did score some goals in the league at some crucial moments. Cant remember which though.

But when you voluntarily come to Barca, you know that the expectations are sky high, because this is a club that has the "play or GTFO" motto.

It all came down to this because of his ego. I really dont think he wants to win. After Mascherano's transfer, I really do believe that we have a legitimate change of winning the CL. But guess Ibra couldnt see it.

So will it be Pedro on the left? Or Iniesta?
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wolfsburg 3-4 FSV Mainz

Dzeko 23’, 27’
Diego 30

Rasmussen 39’
Soto 48’
Schürrle 58’
Szalai 85’

Welcome to Germany Steve :teehee:
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I know. I wonder what was that all about. But I wouldnt say he failed entirely. He did score some goals in the league at some crucial moments. Cant remember which though.

But when you voluntarily come to Barca, you know that the expectations are sky high, because this is a club that has the "play or GTFO" motto.

It all came down to this because of his ego. I really dont think he wants to win. After Mascherano's transfer, I really do believe that we have a legitimate change of winning the CL. But guess Ibra couldnt see it.

So will it be Pedro on the left? Or Iniesta?
Ibra probably didn't like being down the pecking order in importance, I'm from Sweden and I'm very accustomed to his infamous ego but never thought he was this stubborn. Also alot of this is also to do with his ******** of an agent, Raiola, whom Barca incidently are going to sue so he doesn't receive his agent fee.

Pedro as a sure started IMO.
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Goodness, what failure. In other news Roma have drawn to newly promoted Cesena 0-0. I watched the first bit of the second half on ESPN and it was boring as **** :sigh:
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
"I have moved here to win the Champions League with Milan. I want to win the double."

Last season Inter, now Barca are going to win the CL, rofl.
He's seriously deluded if he thinks that. Milan really dont have that depth to even compete for the Scudetti.

You mean Barca will win this year?
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
He's seriously deluded if he thinks that. Milan really dont have that depth to even compete for the Scudetti.

You mean Barca will win this year?
Yeh... it would be genius karma if they do, for Ibra at least :teehee:
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Ridiculous loan deals everywhere tbh. Milan have played a blinder this transfer window.
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Guess this means Borriello will drop to the bench, a shame because he's a quality player.
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ibra has won the domestic league with every club he's been with since 2004 (albeit two were stripped from him and Juventus). Wonder if he could do it again with AC Milan. Would be a funny twist.
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I didn't realise that... would be interesting indeed.
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
His reception in the Milan derby will be quite fun lol.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
All that money wasted. Dear me.
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So he's played for Juventus, Inter and now Milan. Biggest WUM in Italy to be fair
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 46664)
All that money wasted. Dear me.
Agreed, however one thing needs to be said, Barca is a buying club. Transfers are not expected to be a source of income and deals like Toure are certainly a bonus. As a buying club there is still a responsibility to avoid capricious transfers that put a strain on the budget. Although this has not greatly impacted the sporting side the financial situation still remains unclear. The recent loan, having to hastily sell Chygrynskiy for a loss for financial reasons, being burdoned with numerous players that have only played a handful of games, and the public handling of intrasquad player issues are not traits that the club should have. Despite our recent success I do not think the recent transfer activities are sustainable over the next few years. The team is winning, Barca is one of the most historic clubs, and we seem too big (talented) to fail but just look back a few years to the Gaspart era and see what wreckless spending can achieve. On the flipside the transfer didn't work and it was dealt with quickly.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
Agreed, however one thing needs to be said, Barca is a buying club. Transfers are not expected to be a source of income and deals like Toure are certainly a bonus. As a buying club there is still a responsibility to avoid capricious transfers that put a strain on the budget. Although this has not greatly impacted the sporting side the financial situation still remains unclear. The recent loan, having to hastily sell Chygrynskiy for a loss for financial reasons, being burdoned with numerous players that have only played a handful of games, and the public handling of intrasquad player issues are not traits that the club should have. Despite our recent success I do not think the recent transfer activities are sustainable over the next few years. The team is winning, Barca is one of the most historic clubs, and we seem too big (talented) to fail but just look back a few years to the Gaspart era and see what wreckless spending can achieve. On the flipside the transfer didn't work and it was dealt with quickly.
I think for most clubs transfers are not expected to be a source of income, but of investment. Be that generating income to support the team, or directly supporting the team via the players.

It shouldn't be a sinkhole, especially for cash a club to all intents and purposes does not have to sink.

Anyway, does Messi run your transfers? He seems to be doing most of the scouting and politics around recruiting players.
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
I think for most clubs transfers are not expected to be a source of income, but of investment. Be that generating income to support the team, or directly supporting the team via the players.

It shouldn't be a sinkhole, especially for cash a club to all intents and purposes does not have to sink.

Anyway, does Messi run your transfers? He seems to be doing most of the scouting and politics around recruiting players.
Barca players really ought to follow Pep's example off the pitch as well as on the pitch. When asked about Mascherano's transfer he said 'I'll only talk about him if he's a Barcelona player'. A big shame they can't follow that example tbh.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You think Mascherano is what you needed? Considering I presume Fabregas was first choice, and Masch second, and with the fees involved pretty much going to be first team players, they are entirely different for that DM role... I guess all Masch has to do is cover rampaging fullbacks, and get the ball back before playing a 10 yard pass any which way. Fabregas would have done an entirely different job to that.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (73)
7.82%
I used to but I don't now (26)
2.79%
No, but I want to start (348)
37.3%
No, I am unable to (235)
25.19%
No, I chose not to (251)
26.9%