The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Straight up G
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone know what's happened to Stevan Jovetic? One time he was hailed as one of the most promising young talents in Europe, ahead of Giovinco and Pastore etc, and I've not even heard his name for the past year...
Straight up G
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just read he's been injured all year
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Straight up G)
Anyone know what's happened to Stevan Jovetic? One time he was hailed as one of the most promising young talents in Europe, ahead of Giovinco and Pastore etc, and I've not even heard his name for the past year...
That's because he's been out for about a year, ligament damage.
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Charzhino)
Yea I get the same feeling especially now that the definition of ''young talent'' is getting even younger than what it used to be 10 yars ago.

What you doing next year?
More, longer study. Tempted to travel around the world for the rest of my life doing just enough to get by :daydreaming:

When do these games start
Charzhino
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
More, longer study. Tempted to travel around the world for the rest of my life doing just enough to get by :daydreaming:

When do these games start
Sounds like a good plan, wish I could do that but I would get too home sick!

1:30am on ESPN tonight is the opening game
Phonicsdude
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Gazzetta dello Sport reporting Sanchez has completed a move to Barcelona for jut 26m + 11m bonuses.
Akkuz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Good to see the Turkish police cracking down on match-fixing and especially cracking down on the corrupt; Fenerbache.

Their president was one of 300 people arrested on match-fixing probes. Haven't heard of that many arrests before in regards to match-fixing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14006118

This sort of thing has been going on in the Turkish League for years and years. About bloody time.
Da_hopeful_1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Reports out of Portugal that Real Madrid's deal for Fabio Coentrao is finally done for around €22M + Garay
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Real ripped off again.
Welsh Leprecaun
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Real ripped off again.
I suppose you're referencing Kaka at £50+ million, I still think Ronaldo was a steal even at £80 million
MoMatrix
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Barcelona are lucky to have a prosperous youth system because their signings over the last 10 years have been disastrous. Keirrison is the latest player they've destroyed.
CB91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MoMatrix)
Barcelona are lucky to have a prosperous youth system because their signings over the last 10 years have been disastrous. Keirrison is the latest player they've destroyed.
:facepalm: They didnt get lucky. Its the hard work and belief in their youngsters paying off.

And some of their signings have been bad, some have been brilliant.
MoMatrix
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
:facepalm: They didnt get lucky. Its the hard work and belief in their youngsters paying off.

And some of their signings have been bad, some have been brilliant.
They will not have many generations coming through like the current one so in that sense there is an element of luck. Most of their signings in the last 10 years have been total disasters (Geovanni,Quaresma,Rochemback,Hl eb,Henrique,Caceres,Keirrison) to name a few.
CB91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They will not have many generations coming through like the current one so in that sense there is an element of luck. Most of their signings in the last 10 years have been total disasters (Geovanni,Quaresma,Rochemback,Hl eb,Henrique,Caceres,Keirrison) to name a few.
Yet you dont mention players like Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Guily, Abidal, Deco etc?
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Eto'o, Dinho, Pique, Abidal, Alves, Villa, Toure..... every club makes mistakes in the transfer market.
MoMatrix
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
Yet you dont mention players like Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Guily, Abidal, Deco etc?
More failures than successes in the transfer market. Forgot to mention Saviola and Riquelme.
MoMatrix
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
All massive money paid for these players aswell.
CB91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
More failures than successes in the transfer market. Forgot to mention Saviola and Overmars.
They are probably nearer 50/50, probably the same as most other big clubs.
Da_hopeful_1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Real Madrid will pay €30m for Coentrão. Benfica will pay €10m for Garay. So Coentrão's actual price is €20m.
Catilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
Real Madrid will pay €30m for Coentrão. Benfica will pay €10m for Garay. So Coentrão's actual price is €20m.
Coentrão is now officially one of many talented players which will waste their careers as substitutes for Real Madrid. It´s incredible really, why would someone reject another big club´s offer to play in the first team in order to be a substitute.:rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (44)
9.15%
I used to but I don't now (13)
2.7%
No, but I want to start (173)
35.97%
No, I am unable to (112)
23.28%
No, I chose not to (139)
28.9%