Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
.............Higuain........
Di Maria...Kaka.....Ronaldo
........Alonso..Diarra......
Marcelo...CB...CB....Ramos
............Casillias........

I dont know if they have a replacement for Kaka?
Canales perhaps? I think Diarra might get the boot. And what about Benzema?
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Canales and VdV are replacements for attacking midfield, Benzema will probably be rotated with Higuain.

Mourinho actually said something like Ronaldo is too talented to be fixed to one position, he'll probably have a freer role with Ramos providing width.
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm not too sure about the holding role, they have a lot of depth there, it will probably be between Lass and Khedira depending on the opposition.
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It looks like Mourinho is going to set Madrid out like Chelsea in his first season there......
Louis.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Kaka is missing the first couple of months of the season isn't he...
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Van der Vaart!!
That's who I was forgetting :facepalm:
I knew they had another attacking midfielder but all that came to mind was Sneijder (who's obviously at Inter)
Barça
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm just waiting to see how Madrid's defence will have improved, if at all. Mourinho is a defensive coach so I expect them to have a good defence now.
Mastermind`
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hernanes has gone to Lazio. Was by far the best Sao Paulo player in the semi-finals of the Copa Libertadores. Very good player. :yep:
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mastermind`)
Hernanes has gone to Lazio. Was by far the best Sao Paulo player in the semi-finals of the Copa Libertadores. Very good player. :yep:
About time Hernanes came to Europe, we were in for him three seasons ago and I thought he'd be in Europe in no time.
cunningstunt87
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is going to be one of the most exciting La Liga's in years.
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Any guesses on who will come 3rd / 4th?

If I was forced to choose, I'd probably say Sevilla and Atleti, but tbh I didn't really follow teams apart from the big 2 last year.
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sevilla for third tbh.
cunningstunt87
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Be interesting to see how Valencia perform this year after losing Villa, Silva and Zigic.
Dission
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Carvallho signs for Madrid :O. No one really saw that coming. He's one hundred years old but I think he does the job, it's quite clear that Pepe won't be fit for the whole season. Anyway, 2 year contract and €8m. fee transfer, so that's a good sign that we are not paying ridiculous amount of money for players are not worth it:

Di Maria, Benfica wanted €40m. and we gave them 25+incentives
Kolarov, we offered €18m., Lazio wanted €25m... so good bye.
Maicon, €30m. Inter wanted, we offered 22... so **** off.
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There was actually a lot of speculation, but the announcement of a signing sort of came out of the blue.

Like I said earlier, the only real weak spot I can see in Madrid is LB.
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
OMG!!! :eek:

Although there was speculation. Carvalho signing for Madrid was out of the blue. Well be interesting to see how Mourinho deals with the defence. They really need a proper LB. Marcelo doesn't really cut it.
Dission
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
There was actually a lot of speculation, but the announcement of a signing sort of came out of the blue.

Like I said earlier, the only real weak spot I can see in Madrid is LB.
(Original post by S-man10)
OMG!!!

Although there was speculation. Carvalho signing for Madrid was out of the blue. Well be interesting to see how Mourinho deals with the defence. They really need a proper LB. Marcelo doesn't really cut it.
Yeah, there was a lot of speculation... until Mourinho himself in a press conference said that he ruled out the signings of A.Cole and Carvallo. That´s why it comes as a surprise.

Anyway, he´s 100 years old but experienced a bloody good defenders. It´s a great signing seeing that Maicon is not going to sign (and therefore Ramos was due to be CB).

BTW, Carvallho´s agent is... Jorge Mendes (CR, Pepe, Di Maria, Mourinho... etc.) I wonder how much money he has made in terms of commissions thanks to Madrid.

I agree that the weakest spot at the moment is the LB. Which LB´s does Mendes have? Does anyone have the catalogue? xD
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Dission)
Yeah, there was a lot of speculation... until Mourinho himself in a press conference said that he ruled out the signings of A.Cole and Carvallo. That´s why it comes as a surprise.

Anyway, he´s 100 years old but experienced a bloody good defenders. It´s a great signing seeing that Maicon is not going to sign (and therefore Ramos was due to be CB).

BTW, Carvallho´s agent is... Jorge Mendes (CR, Pepe, Di Maria, Mourinho... etc.) I wonder how much money he has made in terms of commissions thanks to Madrid.

I agree that the weakest spot at the moment is the LB. Which LB´s does Mendes have? Does anyone have the catalogue? xD
:rofl: A catalogue =)

Who do you think they should sign at left back?
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Dission)

Did a quick search and it looks like Mourinho completely ripped his age :rofl2:

Carvalho has his own injury problems so I'm not sure if he'll be a consistent starter, but he'll be a decent leader and his experience will be very useful for Garay.

Would you rather have got Maicon?
Dission
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maicon would have been nice, imagine a wing with Maicon-CR7 :sogood: , positioning Ramos as CB.

I am not sure if we are going for a LB now though because Mourinho seems to confident in making Marcelo a good defender, and also we have ran out of options, Kolarov signed for City and Concentrao (or whatever) signed for Bayern. Ashley Cole or Clichy would be nice but it's not going to happen .
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (14)
5.93%
No (222)
94.07%

Watched Threads