Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Great banter. They've known each other since they were 9/10... BFF :awesome:
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
I missed the deadline.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUU.
R-KAM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
I missed the deadline.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUU.
??
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by R-KAM)
??
oh. I though I posted this in the CL FF thread,

Can't even sub in Sneijder. :facepalm2:
R-KAM
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
oh. I though I posted this in the CL FF thread,

Can't even sub in Sneijder. :facepalm2:
What a fanny. Here was me thinking it might have been something important. Then I remembered you're ****
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by R-KAM)
What a fanny. Here was me thinking it might have been something important. Then I remembered you're ****
:nn:

R-KAM
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:nn:

:heart:
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by R-KAM)
:heart:
:sexface:
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
Spurs have really gotten into their stride today...
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Eto'o is a legend. I love that guy. He's sickkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
Eto'o is a legend. I love that guy. He's sickkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
Sarcasm?
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nooo. I think he's an amazing player. I have never been more dumbfounded with a transfer. Eto'o plus money for Ibrahimovic. Wtf were Barca thinking.
Louis.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
Nooo. I think he's an amazing player. I have never been more dumbfounded with a transfer. Eto'o plus money for Ibrahimovic. Wtf were Barca thinking.
Inb4 some silly justification about contract length or wages
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
I agree tbh. He needs one more goal this season to match his entire tally of last season. When Eto'o is in form, he is class.
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
Lyon are getting hammered.
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Barca really need to learn how to win away CL games :sigh:

Also Maicon is playing like complete **** nowadays. Forget about Bale torturing him, even in Serie A he doesn't look right.

Alves>Maicon tbf
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Louis1991)
Inb4 some silly justification about contract length or wages
Inb4 people don't realise for the hundredth time that Eto'o wanted to leave. Barca had two options, lose him for free or use him as bargaining chip. Both equally bad choices to have to make.
Louis.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
Inb4 people don't realise for the hundredth time that Eto'o wanted to leave. Barca had two options, lose him for free or use him as bargaining chip. Both equally bad choices to have to make.
Or sell him somewhere else?

£40mil for Ibra right? I might be wrong about the figures but £40mil is about what he was worth at the time. You probably would have got £10-15mil for Eto, even in his last year. It was a silly silly transfer and I can't see how people can defend it.

On a side note, why was Eto's contract allowed to run down? Did Barca assume he would sign it eventually, or...
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Louis1991)
Or sell him somewhere else?

£40mil for Ibra right? I might be wrong about the figures but £40mil is about what he was worth at the time. You probably would have got £10-15mil for Eto, even in his last year. It was a silly silly transfer and I can't see how people can defend it.

On a side note, why was Eto's contract allowed to run down? Did Barca assume he would sign it eventually, or...
Because he refused to sign a contract. That is the whole point of the story, why do you think an available Samuel Eto'o two years ago only had one bid on his head? From Man City. It's because

A) City wanted to snap him up before everyone else because they know if Eto'o is free he won't go to them
B) Why buy a player that has no intention to stay at his current club when you can wait one six months and offer him a contract. Which is the only choice for most clubs due to his high salary.
Louis.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
Because he refused to sign a contract. That is the whole point of the story, why do you think an available Samuel Eto'o two years ago only had one bid on his head? From Man City. It's because

A) City wanted to snap him up before everyone else because they know if Eto'o is free he won't go to them
B) Why buy a player that has no intention to stay at his current club when you can wait one six months and offer him a contract. Which is the only choice for most clubs due to his high salary.
I meant before that, like when he had 2 years left. Surely there must have been signs of unhappiness or was it just a drastic change of heart?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (46)
9.22%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.81%
No, but I want to start (177)
35.47%
No, I am unable to (117)
23.45%
No, I chose not to (145)
29.06%