The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
milkytea
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
Not really, it seems like either Oezil is man of the match and influences almost everything attack-wise, or completely peripheral. He needs to get a grip on the game which he couldn't do today... but once he does, he's usually outstanding.
The only time I've seen him pulling all the strings is vs lesser teams. I could be wrong, though. He can definitely produce brilliance in any match, all the more reason for Mourinho to leave him on.
UnWise
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
"*****Xavi completed 110 passes tonight, a LigaBBVA record for a match this season, despite being substituted off. Golden !!!"
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
"Hey Ronaldo was right!

Barça didn't score 8.

Ronaldo confirmed for Oracle."

:rofl2:
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by UnWise)
"*****Xavi completed 110 passes tonight, a LigaBBVA record for a match this season, despite being substituted off. Golden !!!"
Probably more than the whole Madrid put together. :mmm:
jakemittle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Im speechless. Barca stunning.

Also, im disappointed with Ramos..
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not a fan of what he says at all, but surely Xavi has to be considered as one of the best CMs of all time? Has the performances and trophies to back it up.
antonfigo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Stats

Barça-Real FT stats – Shots 15-5, on target 6-2, Passes 684-331, Pass completion 89%-74%, Possession 67%-33%, Fouls 12-16
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
Carvalho should be on a red. LOL at Ronaldo and Madrid are getting more anal action than Jenna Jameson.

Imperious from Barca :coma:
Barca fail.

Jenna never did anal. :mmm:
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
Not a fan of what he says at all, but surely Xavi has to be considered as one of the best CMs of all time? Has the performances and trophies to back it up.
He has to be considered, definitely. His ability to control an entire game is definitely the best I've seen in football, his vision is perfect, his accuracy is out of this world. In terms of spraying passes around the pitch and controlling an entire match, I've never seen any CM do it better than Xavi.

It's also getting to a point where you just cannot ignore Messi in such discussions as best ever for his position. For 3 years, he has been playing at a level which has not been seen since the very pinnacle of Zidane, or the very pinnacle of Ronaldo.
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
Fan of who?
pgreg1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Xavi is definitely one of the best players of his generation but, let's get real here, he's no Zidane.
IWantSomeMushu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Not condoning what Ramos did, but Puyol gets pwned lol.
jakemittle
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Stu Laverty)
He has to be considered, definitely. His ability to control an entire game is definitely the best I've seen in football, his vision is perfect, his accuracy is out of this world. In terms of spraying passes around the pitch and controlling an entire match, I've never seen any CM do it better than Xavi.

It's also getting to a point where you just cannot ignore Messi in such discussions as best ever for his position. For 3 years, he has been playing at a level which has not been seen since the very pinnacle of Zidane, or the very pinnacle of Ronaldo.
Messi has to be considered as one of the best ever tbh
As you say, for the last 3 years his level has just been on another planet..and this, for both club AND country (which, of course, is super important)
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
Fan of who?
Xavi's chats about Arsenal etc.
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
Xavi's chats about Arsenal etc.
LOL. what did he say?
R-KAM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
LOL. what did he say?
You been living under a rock? :erm:
In2deep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sandeep90)

What?! That was the ultimate method of leaving a pitch, ffs they should make a movie about that incident..

I will forever remember this game.

Long live Ramos :cheers:
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sandeep90)

Puyol could have knocked out Ramos if he wished...
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by R-KAM)
You been living under a rock? :erm:
I haven't been following ffs.
pgreg1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Puyol could have knocked out Ramos if he wished...
I'd put my money on Ramos.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
9.28%
I used to but I don't now (15)
2.63%
No, but I want to start (205)
35.9%
No, I am unable to (132)
23.12%
No, I chose not to (166)
29.07%