Turn on thread page Beta

boyfriend is in south america watch

Announcements

hey guys
    just wanted ur advice on something
    i deactivated my facebook account for a while and today i just went back on, clicked on my boyfriends profile, and saw that this guy had written something to him in spanish about going to a hotel with beautiful girls on his wall
    my bf and i have been together for nearly a yr and i was very shocked to see this
    he is currently in south america to do this spanish course and work in an orphanage for 6 weeks in total
    i didnt really want him to go because its the holiday and i wanted us to spend time together but obviously its his life and he can do what he wants but apparently hes wanted to do this before we even got together
    we usually talk to each other on the weekdays he is in college on his spanish course for half an hour to an hour everyday but recently he has been making excuses about the computers being full etc
    i dont know what to do

i really love him and thought that I could trust him because we go to unis in diff cities and only really see each other once a week or once every two weeks during term time
    ;(
    please keep anon as he uses this site

ReputationRep:
    No shortage of vag in South America, I hardly doubt he is going to do a Pitbull and party in a hotel with some fit South American women. If so, don't you think he is going with his mate just for a laugh, if he loves you [which you know he does] he won't do anything.

I dont know whether I should confront him or not

ReputationRep:
    How would you confront him if he's in south america?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomac)
    How would you confront him if he's in south america?
    via facebook. keep up lad!

we talk to each other on msn when he has computer access

ReputationRep:
    Don't spoil his holiday. Wait for him to get back. In any case, it's better to have a chat when you meet rather than on fb/msn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackeeeee)
    via facebook. keep up lad!
    Pf, msn. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Surely he's allowed to have a joke with his friends?
    lighten up and trust him more i doubt he's done anything wrong and i bet he'd love to know that he can't go away for a while without you doubting him, leave him be, confronting him without any real evidence will just make you seem clingy and possessive.

ReputationRep:
    He's probably getting bummed in some bolivian prison right now.

I wouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think you should leave him be for now. It is the summer holidays, so let him have fun whilst he's away. When he's back, don't be too clingy, ask him how the trip was and stuff and then move on to asking him what he done.

(Original post by Care-Free)
    Surely he's allowed to have a joke with his friends?
    lighten up and trust him more i doubt he's done anything wrong and i bet he'd love to know that he can't go away for a while without you doubting him, leave him be, confronting him without any real evidence will just make you seem clingy and possessive.
    Hmmm im afraid to be clingy and possessive but i dont think i can talk to him 'normally' without getting this niggling doubt out of my head first
    it may well be just a joke with a new mate he's made in costa rica but my bf is quite old fashioned when it comes to makes sexual jokes and this seems really out of character
    i cant really wait till hes back in 4 weeks cos i dont want to be treated as a doormat while hes away potentially shagging other girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hmmm im afraid to be clingy and possessive but i dont think i can talk to him 'normally' without getting this niggling doubt out of my head first
    it may well be just a joke with a new mate he's made in costa rica but my bf is quite old fashioned when it comes to makes sexual jokes and this seems really out of character
    i cant really wait till hes back in 4 weeks cos i dont want to be treated as a doormat while hes away potentially shagging other girls
    I think you're in completely the wrong mind set for a relationship, he MIGHT be off shagging other girls, you MIGHT get hit by a bus tomorrow, a lot of things MIGHT happen doesnt mean they will, it requires you to trust him and know he wouldn't do that, how do you think he'd feel upon hearing this lack of trust in him, has he ever done anything to make you doubt him?
    and it might be out of character for you, but he's allowed to be laid back with friends isn't he?

i dont think there will be anything to worry about, but just be cautious, because if you do have an arguement whilst hes out there it could potentially be very hard to repair when he gets home... i had an arguement with my boyfriend whilst i was away and it just didnt fix itself when i got back and we broke up. So be careful cause if that hadnt happened, things might be different.
    And also, whilst your away it really can be hard to get in contact with home, i know for me i only managed to get to a computer about half the amount of times i meant to because its so hard to make plans around when your both free. At the end of the day, its only 6 weeks, people go much longer times apart, and although the time will drag for you itll be going really fast for him, and so when you do talk try and remember why your waiting for eachother

(Original post by Anonymous)
    i dont think there will be anything to worry about, but just be cautious, because if you do have an arguement whilst hes out there it could potentially be very hard to repair when he gets home... i had an arguement with my boyfriend whilst i was away and it just didnt fix itself when i got back and we broke up. So be careful cause if that hadnt happened, things might be different.
    And also, whilst your away it really can be hard to get in contact with home, i know for me i only managed to get to a computer about half the amount of times i meant to because its so hard to make plans around when your both free. At the end of the day, its only 6 weeks, people go much longer times apart, and although the time will drag for you itll be going really fast for him, and so when you do talk try and remember why your waiting for eachother
    I love him to pieces and I don't want to break up with him
    the thing is
    once a cheater, always a cheater
    he has always been against cheating cos his dad cheated on his mum early into their marriage and 20 yrs later it happened again and they split up
    i dont understand why he would do it tho...
    are all guys really horny?
    Is 3 weeks without sex really too much for someone you love?
    Or are south american girls just too irresistable?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.