The Student Room Group

Going from mates to partners

Hey...going to open with the mandatory H&R line, 'So there's this girl...'

We've been friends for a good through years, through secondary school etc and went out for just over a year - went really well while it lasted, didn't end for any particular reason just, she was pressured by her mate to end it (her mate then asked me out a week later) bla bla bla

Anyway, been seeing more of her the last few months, been on a few 'dates' and finally had the 'more than just friends' talk, because if I'm being honest, I've pretty much always liked her and turns out after the talk, so has she.

My question to you is this...how do we go from here being just friends to more than...it sounds obvious, **** it probably IS obvious but I'm struggling and its just hard to get things in motion...we've kissed a few times like but...last few times she's been round to watch a film its been a little awkward I guess, don't know what she's thinking but I'm thinking 'should I make a move now or just carry on watching the movie??'

Looking for some general advice to get things going...romantically. I'm a confident guy, not overly cocky or anything but basically, I'm great at making people laugh, and I can have serious talks with people...I just struggle with 'romance' / 'creating a mood' and all that at the best of times...and now it seems even more complicated! I can make her laugh, cheer her up and be the shoulder to cry on etc...just want to get a bit more intimate
Anonymous
Hey...going to open with the mandatory H&R line, 'So there's this girl...'

We've been friends for a good through years, through secondary school etc and went out for just over a year - went really well while it lasted, didn't end for any particular reason just, she was pressured by her mate to end it (her mate then asked me out a week later) bla bla bla

Anyway, been seeing more of her the last few months, been on a few 'dates' and finally had the 'more than just friends' talk, because if I'm being honest, I've pretty much always liked her and turns out after the talk, so has she.

My question to you is this...how do we go from here being just friends to more than...it sounds obvious, **** it probably IS obvious but I'm struggling and its just hard to get things in motion...we've kissed a few times like but...last few times she's been round to watch a film its been a little awkward I guess, don't know what she's thinking but I'm thinking 'should I make a move now or just carry on watching the movie??'

Looking for some general advice to get things going...romantically. I'm a confident guy, not overly cocky or anything but basically, I'm great at making people laugh, and I can have serious talks with people...I just struggle with 'romance' / 'creating a mood' and all that at the best of times...and now it seems even more complicated! I can make her laugh, cheer her up and be the shoulder to cry on etc...just want to get a bit more intimate

hmm, go for a long walk or do some form of activity, it gives you something to do together, if its loads of fun then go back to yours, cook for her and then ask her to be your girlfriend:smile:
Reply 2
Walk / activity sounds good...we're going for a random drive + film tomorrow night which should be cool.

Only thing is we've already had 'the talk' and I think now, we're 'seeing each other' - its not on facebook yet, not *that* official...but like I say we've kissed a few times / cuddle up to watch movies...its wierd sometimes it does seem like we're kinda going out but other times I just don't know what she sees it as.

Reply 3
It'll come naturally. I don't see why the need to rush things forward.

Just spend time with her like you always have. The weird feeling is the whole transitition from friend to partner, right? The feeling that you are just hanging out with a good friend. There's no reason, it can't be both.

Latest

Trending

Trending