Turn on thread page Beta

How to stay calm around guys I like? watch

ReputationRep:
    It's so annoying, how do I make myself act normally with guys I like.

Everytime with a guy, I can act normally and jokey and casual with them. But then the second I realise I might like them, it's like I automatically switch to weirdo mode.. I'm become quite abrupt when I talk to them, only because I'm nervous I guess, which basically makes me seem less relaxed and just moody and cold I guess.

Any tips on how to stop this, and just act the same as I do with everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Tough one, stop thinking too much or over analysing your feelings for people. just go with the flow...

ReputationRep:
    It takes practice. Remember the kinds of things you say and do around guys you're just friends with, and make a conscious effort to do the same around guys you like.

But maybe flirt with him a bit if you want to find out if he likes you back.

ReputationRep:
    Just imagine he's your brother? :awesome:

No wait...

ReputationRep:
    Just relax, stay cool.

ReputationRep:
    Just stop queefing.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/still...fs_jez.flv.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Just remember that he poo's. No matter how gorgeous he is or how nervous he makes you feel, he still has big smelly poo's sometimes.

My friend told me that yeeeaaars ago & I still think about it and silently chuckle when I meet someone I fancy.

ReputationRep:
    You just need to try & relax, i know its easy said than done but you need to be casual & calm :].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suziewuzie)
    Just remember that he poo's. No matter how gorgeous he is or how nervous he makes you feel, he still has big smelly poo's sometimes.

My friend told me that yeeeaaars ago & I still think about it and silently chuckle when I meet someone I fancy.
    That is ******* wierd.

Thanks for ******* me up everytime I meet an attractive girl now.

ReputationRep:
    Same here, same here.
    I'm just an over anxious fool at times. :|

ReputationRep:

Classic technique. Other methods (e.g. if you're too keen on someone) are: imagine him studying the toilet paper before flushing it, smelling his socks to see if they can be worn one more day, his face on the toilet on a constipated day.
    Not so nervous anymore, eh?

The best relationships are the ones where you're like best friends/really good friends, so just 'cos you like him doesn't mean that you have to act in a different way than a friend does!

ReputationRep:

Sounds like a good idea. If I'm on a date with a girl and she seems nervous, I'll just tell her to imagine me doing a big sloppy poo. :top:

ReputationRep:
    curl up in a ball and rock back and forth while counting to 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil2008)
    Sounds like a good idea. If I'm on a date with a girl and she seems nervous, I'll just tell her to imagine me doing a big sloppy poo. :top:
    Haha yes! Do let me know how that goes, I don't really know how I'd react if my date looked me square in the eyes and said "I do really big poos..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue.China)
    It's so annoying, how do I make myself act normally with guys I like.

Everytime with a guy, I can act normally and jokey and casual with them. But then the second I realise I might like them, it's like I automatically switch to weirdo mode.. I'm become quite abrupt when I talk to them, only because I'm nervous I guess, which basically makes me seem less relaxed and just moody and cold I guess.

Any tips on how to stop this, and just act the same as I do with everyone else?
    diazepam?

ReputationRep:
    Take the tips from these guys:

ReputationRep:
    Haha yes! Do let me know how that goes, I don't really know how I'd react if my date looked me square in the eyes and said "I do really big poos..."
    Have neither of you seen 2 girls 1 cup? :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssRidge)
    Have neither of you seen 2 girls 1 cup? :nooo:
    Yeah, but I don't suggest that until the 3rd or 4th date. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but I don't suggest that until the 3rd or 4th date. :woo:
    Such a charmer :love:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.