Just bought a few cartons of egg whites, is it good to eat in my 6/7 meals a day? Watch

whodunnit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Just bought a few cartons of "two chicks free range liquid egg white", I am starting a new eating regime to gain muscle mass.

2 questions:

1. How do you think egg whites are best to be eaten? Purely as it is or in a shake with say milk or with say orange juice?

2. Is it suitable to eat in a few of my daily meals I will have? (I intend to have the suggested 6/7 average to small meals a day)

Help appreciated guys
logic123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
where are your yolks?
First Time Lucky?
Report 8 years ago
what is wrong with you? Cooked is the best way for them to be eaten, using low fat cooking oil spray rather then regular oil.

Or just got some protein powder like everyone else.

if your trying to go bulking you need more than just protein. Cook up a big batch of chicken, brown rice and veg. Buy some plastic tubs and take 3-4 of them with you to eat every 2-3 hours.

Make sure that your training right or you will just get fat.
whodunnit
Rep:
?
(Original post by logic123)
where are your yolks?
I bought pasteurised egg whites. It comes in a carton (check the link http://www.twochicks.co.uk/)

So it is very low in cholesterol and high in protein
linkdapink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Cook them! Always cook eggs! All this eating/drinking raw eggs is just stupid! Make omlettes and all sorts out of them. Weight Watchers have a big thing on their website at the moment about egg whites and different recipes....
Ricky116
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Very very strange OP, especially the title.

Is it suitable to eat. Thats just, what? No, you rub it on your skin dummy.
whodunnit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ricky116)
Very very strange OP, especially the title.

Is it suitable to eat. Thats just, what? No, you rub it on your skin dummy.
Very helpful tip there. Surely you have better things to do with your time on a Monday night than throw stupid comments at ppl like me.
:confused:
Scipio
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you want to spread them out, go for it, or eat them all at once, doesn't matter. Cook them though, you lose 50% of the protein taking them raw.
Dnator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Scipio)
If you want to spread them out, go for it, or eat them all at once, doesn't matter. Cook them though, you lose 50% of the protein taking them raw.
Apparently this is not the case it they are pasteurised (again, apparently)
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (146)
18.27%
No (486)
60.83%
Not really bothered about them (167)
20.9%

Watched Threads