Online date tips? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I've had a lot of dates from the net in the past (part of gay life unfortunately) and most have been fails. I don't know whether it's the guys I've been meeting who have been a waste of space or a problem with my "performance". Probably a combination of both depending on the guy.

So yeah, how do you get over the awkwardness of meeting for the first time and keeping the conversation flowing? We can easily chat for ten hours in a row on MSN but that doesn't guarantee anything.

Unfortunately I'll be in a suit so I'll not be that comfortable with my appearance but he says he likes guys in suits. I'll be in one because I'm heading to that city for a job interview and it's much more convenient to see him afterwards than to travel the 250+ miles another day.

PS. I don't need a lecture on safety.
EssRidge
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You should both bring laptops, then chat to each other on MSN while sitting in the same room.
Anonymous #1
If only I had a laptop, that would be a great idea!
EssRidge
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Go to an Internet cafe?

I was actually being semi-serious. I've seen quite a lot of people chat to their housemates at university via MSN even though they're sitting in the same room. :rolleyes:
sbarrie2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Gaydar by any chance? I have a friend thats had a few dates from that sight.. never amount to anything though.

vodka usually helps to keep the conversation flowing..
ritchie888
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
10 hours online in one standing?

Bit sad
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sbarrie2)
Gaydar by any chance? I have a friend thats had a few dates from that sight.. never amount to anything though.

vodka usually helps to keep the conversation flowing..
Hell no, I wouldn't set foot on that site even if they offered me a free subscription. It was one of the smaller less seedy sites.

Vodka would help a lot but going out drinking is asking for fail...

(Original post by ritchie888)
10 hours online in one standing?

Bit sad
What do you suggest I do when living in the middle of nowhere, go out clubbing every night until the first bus arrives at 7am? Only really possible on a weekend. Part of the reason I'm applying for jobs miles away.
ritchie888
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What do you suggest I do when living in the middle of nowhere, go out clubbing every night until the first bus arrives at 7am? Only really possible on a weekend. Part of the reason I'm applying for jobs miles away.
I don't know, play badminton?
ophqui
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've had a lot of dates from the net in the past (part of gay life unfortunately)

I didn't realise that homosexuality was a post internet invention
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ritchie888)
I don't know, play badminton?
With what, the neighbour's flowers and a fence post?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (879)
79.91%
Leave (221)
20.09%

Watched Threads