Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello there.

My name is - well I'm not going to give it. Jodi Hall is the name of a very old friend of mine. I am an operator for Student Finance England. My son directed me to this site, telling me of the problems alot of people are having so I thought I might be able to help.

I'm afraid I can't give any direct account assistance - this would breach my terms of employment however I can answer pretty much any general question you have.

I am only able for a couple of hours every evening so if you have any questions you need answering or anything at all - don't hesitate to post.

Kind Regards.

"Jodi Hall"

ReputationRep:
    That's very kind of you. I'm sure you'll be bombarded soon enough!

ReputationRep:
    By operator, I shall assume one of the call centre operatives. In which case, I would not trust a great deal of the advice given. Whilst some may turn out to be correct, there have been a lot of inaccuracies. more so than any AY I've witnessed so far.

ReputationRep:
    I have a question for you.....

I am going on an unpaid work placement as a teaching assistant in a school this year. Do I still get a maintenance grant?

Thanks

Great thread! Wondering if you could shed some light for me as I am going to start a course in Radiography in September. I'm 26 years old, and live with my boyfriend. He is on benefits and I am wondering if I would get any grants to help us?

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I have recieved a letter with my loan on it, but not my grant. I have sent, and been sent back, my financial evidence. I have also sent the confirmation slip that came with the letter with my loan on it, two weeks ago. I have called Student Finance, and they said that there was no record of my financial evidence, and I would have to send it again. I would like to know if this is likely to be true, because I don't understand how it would have been sent back without being recorded. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I have a question - who do I complain to about the policy behind calculating how much each person gets? My problem isn't with the SLC (though they are dog slow), but with whoever wrote the policy - I'm guessing the government?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodi Hall)
    Hello there.

My name is - well I'm not going to give it. Jodi Hall is the name of a very old friend of mine. I am an operator for Student Finance England. My son directed me to this site, telling me of the problems alot of people are having so I thought I might be able to help.

I'm afraid I can't give any direct account assistance - this would breach my terms of employment however I can answer pretty much any general question you have.

I am only able for a couple of hours every evening so if you have any questions you need answering or anything at all - don't hesitate to post.

Kind Regards.

"Jodi Hall"
    Hi there,
    its nice that someone in the call centre cares i have had two call centre agents hang up on me when they couldn't answer my questions!

I am an estranged independant student, i recieved full loan last year and grants which i am entitled to. This year, i am living with my partner, i enclosed his P60, and all of the evidence i sent the year before, my bf only earnt 11,000 in tax year 08-09 so i know it wont effect my entitlement, still, i recieved two financial notifacations saying i am getting the minimum amount of loan and no grants?

Is it true that we will get an updated version with our grants included closer to september? I am very panicked, as i cannot afford my rent without it, and i am currently trying to move house as i have a terribly abusive landlord at the moment so I rely heavily on the grants that i am entitled to.

Also, do student finance ever respond to letters? i sent a complaint letter in along with my evidence for a 3rd time, as i was hung up on by two call centre agents who told me they had not recieved any evidence, despite the fact that i am a returning student.

Thank you and sorry for the long post

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

Just a quick message to say that I shall answer all of your questions tomorrow evening when I am a little more awake.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    got no specific question for you Jodie, am only interested on your answers for them since they are of in some way connected to my question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b.morales99)
    got no specific question for you Jodie, am only interested on your answers for them since they are of in some way connected to my question.
    Same here :P

ReputationRep:
    My question is regarding the normal procedure with what letters you should get when, for example. I received the Assessment of Entitlement way back in March and sent off the Online Declaration attached to it. Since then I have received no communication from Student Finance either by post, e-mail or on my online account. It states on the letter that payment details will be outlined 3 weeks before my course begins, but I find it very odd that I have not received a confirmation of receipt of the Declaration through any medium. The status of my application online remains approved. I was applying non-means-tested. Is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodi Hall)
    Hello.

Just a quick message to say that I shall answer all of your questions tomorrow evening when I am a little more awake.

Thanks
    ...?

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.