Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i know both of these phones are hot in the market right now, but i would prefer peoples opinions on which phone they think is better and why

ReputationRep:
    My sis has the Samsung, I have the HTC. They're almost identical but the HTC camera has a flash, which won it for me xx

ReputationRep:
    Desire.

Why?

Cuz it's the Desire.

ReputationRep:
    I have the Galaxy S and it is pretty great. There's sometimes an issue with the phone's firmware lagging, but Samsung have said they're aware of it and will fix it in an update

ReputationRep:
    got the desire. only issue is battery - i have to charge it every night or it will run out on the second day - i do use it a fair bit, but what's the point of having it if you're not going to? don't mind this however and am blissfully happy.

ReputationRep:
    desire

ReputationRep:
    i was just wondering, since the desire and galaxy S both have android 2.1 does that mean that they both can install the same apps?
    E.g. if i download an app for the desire does that mean that it will also work with the galaxy S?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pakizrulez)
    i was just wondering, since the desire and galaxy S both have android 2.1 does that mean that they both can install the same apps?
    E.g. if i download an app for the desire does that mean that it will also work with the galaxy S?
    Yep the apps are all available in the same place; on the Android Marketplace xx

ReputationRep:
    I own a Samsung Galaxy, so I feel it's best to warn you.

Samsung create terrible phones. Many of the Android phones they are still selling are either out of date or contain buggy, broken hardware. If you buy a phone from Samsung do not expect to get firmware updates! The only positive many get from the i7500 and i5700 is that o2 have finally caught on to how crap it is and are offering to replace them for different phones.

Go with HTC, always. They've got a good track record so far with Android and out of any other company they're the most likely to continue supporting their phones for the remainder of your contract.

ReputationRep:
    Go for the HTC, as a brand they've got much better reputation at the moment and they're much more in sync with Android and various related technological developments.

ReputationRep:
    doeas anyone know the release date of samsung galaxy S???

ReputationRep:
    It's already out.

ReputationRep:
    It is out now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    It's already out.
    yh i know its out, but i just want to know when it was released

ReputationRep:
    Galaxy S has top end hardware. The hummingbird CPU + the PowerVR GPU means it has something ridiculous like 40% the GPU power of a PS3. As soon as Android 2.2 comes out for it, it'll destroy every other Android phone in terms of specs.

Desire is a better built and generally more reliable, well built phone but obviously less powerful.

So it depends if you want a powerhouse body builder, or a sexy super model.

Keep in mind that the Galaxy is more future proof (especially to the upcoming Android 3.0) and that software revisions will slowly make it more reliable as time goes by.

ReputationRep:
    Go for the Desire, htc are a lot better with Android than Samsung.

ReputationRep:
    Screw those two phones. It's all about the following three mobiles:

HTC HD2
    Samsung i8910
    Nokia N8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaz1992)
    Screw those two phones. It's all about the following three mobiles:

HTC HD2
    Samsung i8910
    Nokia N8
    Windows Mobile
    Symbian OS
    Symbian OS

Lolno.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvenStevens)
    Galaxy S has top end hardware. The hummingbird CPU + the PowerVR GPU means it has something ridiculous like 40% the GPU power of a PS3.
    I'd like to see a source for that.
    I know the Galaxy is the most powerful phone out, but I seriously doubt that figure.

ReputationRep:
    The galaxy s may be more powerful but the desire is literally less than a month away from getting froyo (Android 2.2) which significantly improves performance speed (some benchmark tests indicate a 450% improvement) and also allows full flash 10. it should also improve battery life.

I doubt the galaxy will have 2.2 for a while as Samsung will need to reskin the new android version which can take a while.

I've had a desire for about 3/4 months and it is easily the best phone on the market.(however its pretty close between the iPhone 4 depending on what you want from the phone). I have only 1 gripe: battery, but I have a spare battery and charge my phone everyday anyway so I'm not concerned anymore.

I would advise reading the reviews from the many tech website out there like engadget, techradar etc.

Start here: http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...d-today-645440

P.s HTC sense is still the best android skin, and the sense keyboard is the best I've ever used. Believe me this is more important than you might think.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.