Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I want to get an opinion on my feelings towards spending money. For the past year or so, I have been reluctant to spend money, more so now that my work placement has ended as this means i know longer have an income.
    I am richer than I have ever been, and because I live at home I don't have to pay rent etc. However, I still worry when I spend money as I think I am going to lose it all. I have spent £120 today on football tickets and DVDs, the football tickets are something I am glad I spent because it means I get to catchup with a mate who I haven't seen for a while.

What I am trying to ask is whether I am right to feel uptight when I spend money even though I know that I will still have a lot in the bank, despite me wanting to go travelling next summer, and the possibility of having to pay a £3k masters degree?

Thanks for your time.

ReputationRep:
    Does it really matter? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    It's not a bad thing. I save up quite significantly and then buy higher end stuff (within reason) which I want. I'd rather buy a few decent branded items than a lot of Primark type stuff. But don't become too tight: you can't tell your grandchildren about how much money you managed to save, but you can tell them about the experience's you've had.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.