The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

viviki
What a load of crap, that'll be why my dad went to uni for the first time at the age of 46. All unis accept mature students.

All unis take mature students, there is one guy who is on my course.. who got fed up with his old job and the father of a friend of min has just gone to oxford as a mature student, he is also about 46
Reply 41
It depends on the uni a lot of unis do give credit for HNCs. I know people that have been given A Level equivalency point scores for them but it is at the discretion of the institution. Some also accept NVQ level 3 and 4 especially if it was a while ago.
Reply 42
viviki
What a load of crap, that'll be why my dad went to uni for the first time at the age of 46. All unis accept mature students.

Was that aimed at me? I'm confused and tired lol. :rolleyes:
Reply 43
amazingtrade
Was that aimed at me? I'm confused and tired lol. :rolleyes:

No it was aimed at oxford killer. Is that paranoia?? Chill :smile:
Reply 44
Lol sorry just in one of them strange moods :wink:
Reply 45
aliel
Not funny. And offensive.
Not to mention being just plain wrong..
Reply 46
aliel
How about starting like this:
"For the past couple years, the decision I made at sixteen years old to go into the world of work, has left me unsatisified and unfufilled. I have the opportunity to rectify my former decisions, by returning to education. In attempt to prepare myself for my prospective studies, I embarked on a HNC business course at my local college......"

This may sound OTT but as I did this at 2am I'm sure you'll show me the error of my ways! Is it too long and 'floaty'?!

It would sound fulfilling to say that the decision I made at Ssixteen years old, to be independant and go into the world of wowrk has satisfied all my dreams and ambitions. It hasn't. I am a seeker; of all new opportunities and challenges, and my pursuit of knowledge is insatiable. In attempt to widen my horizons and prepare myself for prospective studies, I embarked on a PT HNC Business course at my local college, which unfortunately I was unable to complete due to the emotional distress caused by the miscarriage of my child. Yet, I'm still confident and determined to succeed. I realise that I have the opportunity to rectify my former decisions, willing to sacrifice my life as I know it, and back up my years of work experience with formal education.
Reply 47
Ok guys, I have all the reasons of why I'm applying and why any institute would want me, at 23 with tonnes of experience is Advertising, Marketing and Sales to go into Public Relations

How can I tell them the only reason why I'm intersted in public relations is that I'd be darn good at it cause I basically do it already, and want to back up my years of working with a formal education but without sounding so. . . 'big-headed'??

Help me please!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending