The Student Room Group

Green Tea for Weight Loss

Thinking of trying this along with my regular diet and exercise.
Just wondering if anyone has any personal experiences of this they could share e.g. which brand to buy? how much to have in a day and the impact on your weight loss (if any) whether you would recommend or not?

Please quote when replying :smile: thankyouuu
Reply 1
scholarshipkid
Just wondering if anyone has any personal experiences of this they could share e.g. which brand to buy? how much to have in a day and the impact on your weight loss (if any) whether you would recommend or not?

Hey :]

Not a big massive fan of green tea here, but, I heard 2 cups a day (one in the morning and one in the evening, preferably after dinner) would help with some considerable weight loss.
My mum started drinking green tea and excercising regularly and I think within 3 months, she lost 2 stone :smile:
So goodluck and stay safe. :p:
Reply 2
scholarshipkid

I don't know much about green tea, but my friend has just gone to get some and apparently it's to help her lose weight, as it speeds up your metabolism or something. And apparently the after taste takes some getting used to.:p:
Reply 3
scholarshipkid

I started drinking green tea about 3 months ago when my dad brought back from Ethiopia. It was just labelled as Ethiopian Green Tea it smelt foul but it really helped with weight loss. I lost about 6lbs in about 5 weeks with no exercise! It's since run out & I now drink Tetley green tea which is really nice. I drink about 2-3 cups a day. It's an addiction now haha. I'm actually having a cup as I type this!
Reply 4
scholarshipkid

A bit le-way. I've been drinking it for the last year because apparently it boosts your metabolism. In a typical day I don't notice anything, but I like to have some before I go to the gym. The fact thats it hot, and possibly because of it's physiological effects, I find that I sweat like mad when doing cardio.

Not too sure if it works though.
scholarshipkid

I bought Slimatea from Holland & Barrett in a fit of pre-holiday paranoia. I'm not sure if I lost any weight, but it must do something, I had to give it up after a day because of certain digestive functions it caused...! :o: :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending