Turn on thread page Beta

chances of volunteer work with schools? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite interested in doing some volunteer work with schools, especially working with people with special needs (I intend to study psychology at uni, so its quite helpful)

what I need to know is - what are my chances
    I'm 16, 17 by the start of the next school year
    fairly good GCSE's (2A*'s, 5A's, B, 2 C's, taking another one this summer, predicted A*)
    fairly good AS levels (current modules completed are ABB)
    experience working with children (other volunteering work)
    experience with dealing with special needs (being dyslexic, dyspraxic, dysgraphic, and midly dysphraxic as well as having had a close friend with aspergers for over 6 years)
    and, OFC, will get a CRB check, but there are no problems there
    I'm also thinking of applying to a school in a fairly impoverished area, so there's a fair chance that any help will be welcome

so - all things summed up -do I stand a chance?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Of course you do. Some schools may not want volunteers, but the ones that do often don't care about your grades etc, as long as you have the people-skills.

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.