I'm a new, prospective mature student..... Watch

Worth_valley
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
......who has finally crossed all the I's and dotted all the T's to start a primary education degree with qts in Bradford from Sept.
And you know what? I'm excited!
Just got the usual issues of arranging childcare and money and transport etc. but after a rarther complicated route to the course (i found out three weeks before the June exams that i needed to take my GCSE English) i'm starting to believe that i will finally make it onto the course!
Anyone else studying/studied at Bradford wish to share their experience?
I think that at my ripe old age i might actually enjoy the course instead of being too shy/self concious or lacking self esteem to fully appreciate it!
Aantttt
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can't say I have, but good for you nonetheless. Good luck!
DontWantYourBloodMoney
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just wanted to say well done and goood luck
cherrydrops
Report 8 years ago
That's excellent news! And if your post is anything to go by I think you'll be a great teacher...the best ones are always the most enthusiastic
Trixy.Sam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well done on your work, it reminds me of my mum!!:o:
Itz Sal
Report 8 years ago
I live in bradford lol like 3 mins away from uni (don't attend uni though still at school)
Worth_valley
*lol* thanks y'all! great to recieve such encouragement. I'll let you know how i get on ;-)
ipswichblade
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well done, if the course is anything like the one I'm doing at Worcester, you'll have a great time and enjoy every minute!
Worth_valley
(Original post by ipswichblade)
Well done, if the course is anything like the one I'm doing at Worcester, you'll have a great time and enjoy every minute!
Ace !

What sort of a mix of age, culture, polotics etc is the make up of the students in Worcester?
ipswichblade
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Worth_valley)
Ace !

What sort of a mix of age, culture, polotics etc is the make up of the students in Worcester?
Most people on our course are female and white! 120 odd on the course and only around 25-30 males.
Everyone in our group gets on really well and there is a mixture of ages. Quite a few who are 18 or 19 but I'm 24 and nowhere near the oldest. My best friend from the course was 40 in March!

There's a slight mix of cultures and backgrounds but not as much as the places I've lived before - Leeds/Sheffield/Ipswich.
drummergirl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Good for you - I'm in a similar situation (35, one child) and am starting my degree this year and like you am really excited! I'll be doing Music at Salford University, with a view to becoming a music teacher in the future. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your course!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (864)
80.3%
Leave (212)
19.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed