Turn on thread page Beta

just curious...Ladies/Gentlemen watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    mn,

ReputationRep:
    I would never marry for the sake of getting married.

I can understand why some people feel the pressure to if all their friends are pairing off, but my friends are very easy-going about that sort of thing and I wouldn't be friends with them if they were going to make things uncomfortable for me being single.

I've noticed that my girl friends are more anxious about this sort of thing than my guy friends though, or maybe the men are just afraid to show how keen they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    okay, so im not sure if im single or not but i have a question,

would you guys consider waiting till the guy you like/love ask you to marry them? for example: a co worker of mine, she married her husband because shes getting old and she doesnt want to live alone. i dont know if she love her husband or even like him.

or does any ladies here would give a hint for the guy that they want to get married already because time is running out?
    or do you just really wait and wonder when will your man propose to you?

im just wondering.. any opinions are open.
    ok well i guess there may come a time when companionship is seen as at least as important as love.

ReputationRep:
    okay, so im not sure if im single or not
    Eh?

but i have a question,
    Misleading.

would you guys consider waiting till the guy you like/love ask you to marry them?
    Yes

for example: a co worker of mine, she married her husband because shes getting old and she doesnt want to live alone. i dont know if she love her husband or even like him.
    Not an example of what you described above. I wouldn't do this, no.

or does any ladies here would give a hint for the guy that they want to get married already because time is running out?
    [Ignoring the poor English] Probably, yes.

or do you just really wait and wonder when will your man propose to you?
    Maybe. It depends on the guy and situation. I'd rather wait than get with someone I didn't love. And if we already had kids and the relationship was going strong, there isn't really a massive need for marriage.

im just wondering.. any opinions are open.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2010
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.