What's it like to have a brother or sister? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've always wondered, what with being an only child

Do enlighten me

ReputationRep:
    your never lonely

ReputationRep:
    They're two people I can trust with almost everyone. We understand each other, support each other, can talk about either or both of our parents...

I love my sisters, and feel privileged to count them among my closest friends. I wish we could see each other more often.

(FWIW, my sisters are identical twins, so they have a particularly special bond. I've never felt like it diminished my closeness to them.)

ReputationRep:
    Absolute Pain in the Arse.

You enjoy all the luxury of being the only child.

ReputationRep:
    adventurous

ReputationRep:
    My sister is 12 years older, so I feel like the only child anyway. It is a happy event when she visits us, but earlier we usually started to fight in the second day of her visit - we both have sharp tongue. Now it's much calmer because her two Yorkshire terriers like me very much

ReputationRep:
    its awful at time, mt sister is 45 and she still acts like shes 12.

ReputationRep:
    No 1: Its awesome
    No 2: Not so awesome but still kool
    No 3: Ok I'm old enough to know condom jokes by this point mum don't make me embaress you!
    No 4: ...stop complaining of postnatal depression its your fault!

Its good once you've moved out but till then all of then except the one near your age will grate your nerves!

ReputationRep:
    my brother's a real ****

ReputationRep:
    Wonderful! No matter what, there is always a friend and always a home. Unless you have crap siblings of course! :p:

I suppose it's similar to the difference between starting a new school that you're already familiar with and having your best friends start the adventure with you and starting a new school halfway into the term, when you don't speak the language. I suppose some people would prefer the challenge of the second, but then again, some people would prefer to be an only child. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjarvis)
    They're two people I can trust with almost everyone. We understand each other, support each other, can talk about either or both of our parents...

I love my sisters, and feel privileged to count them among my closest friends. I wish we could see each other more often.

(FWIW, my sisters are identical twins, so they have a particularly special bond. I've never felt like it diminished my closeness to them.)
    QFT. Hooray for sibling love! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it's ridiculously annoying living with people who have annoying habits which you constantly pick up on, and they piss you off royal ... but ultimately it's worth it. It's fantastic to know theres still two people there other than my parents who, even if we don't always see eye to eye, will still be there. It sounds corny and what not, but it's true.

ReputationRep:
    your more than welcome to have mine try it out... infact keep her...
    shes 7 years younger than me, and were complete opposites, from what we eat, personality, things we like to do, what we wear....

she can wind me up without saying anything, she breathes heavy, and eats loudly, has a habbit of standing in the centre of the room, infront of the tv... or standing over peoples shoulders rreally annoying!

shes loud, im quiet, i like to read, i question whether shes ever finished a book shes started...
    she's all girly, likes pink, does the girly teenage obsession thing with films and stuff.. like high school musical.... i never ever did that...

when i was 6 and my mum and dad did the whole telling me i was going to have a little brother and sister thing... i said i didnt want one... lol
    7 years between us is too much for us to be close n stuff
    x

ReputationRep:
    annoying tbh

ReputationRep:
    its cool

ReputationRep:
    Hah! Oh I'll tell you what it's like. I have three grown ass broke brothers! Naturally, there are times that are so beautiful and you appreciate every minute of having brothers; this could be because they helped you out with home work, or let you take their car for a spin. Then, life just goes back to being the true utter s**t that it really is. Some times I can't even use my computer because d**kbro decided he needed to do his "uni" work. I even give them bluddy hair cutz cuz they're too stingy to go to the barbers. Oh and when there's a guest that stays over...they get to move in to your room! :bawling: :banghead: :gunfire:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x)
    your more than welcome to have mine try it out... infact keep her...
    shes 7 years younger than me, and were complete opposites, from what we eat, personality, things we like to do, what we wear....

she can wind me up without saying anything, she breathes heavy, and eats loudly, has a habbit of standing in the centre of the room, infront of the tv... or standing over peoples shoulders rreally annoying!

shes loud, im quiet, i like to read, i question whether shes ever finished a book shes started...
    she's all girly, likes pink, does the girly teenage obsession thing with films and stuff.. like high school musical.... i never ever did that...

when i was 6 and my mum and dad did the whole telling me i was going to have a little brother and sister thing... i said i didnt want one... lol
    7 years between us is too much for us to be close n stuff
    x
    :rofl:

-

My siblings are a pain in the neck at all times, but love them to bits.

ReputationRep:
    Since I'm the youngest and there's a 5 year gap between my sister and I and tens years between my brother and I I probably hold a slightly different view.

Because they are both so much older than me I love having them around through the whole of my life they've both been there to protect me particularly my brother (if you've seen Remember Me my brother is basically like Tyler is with his sister when I saw him throw the extinguisher I thought that's my brother).

It's been the same with my sister but not to such a passionate extent. I love them both to bits and although my sister does irritate me with her ways sometimes she is an awesome sister when I need her.

ReputationRep:
    I love having a sister. Its like having a really close friend that you can chat to at anytime, and its especially good because you can talk to them about your parents, and normally me and my sister have the same views. She can be seriously annoying at times, but i love her to bits.

ReputationRep:
    Annoying as hell.

No kidding. My brother always walks into my room uninvited (I miss study leave, it was the first time my room was actually private!) and he says "So, let's talk." sometimes we chat, sometime I just tell him to gtfo, but it nearly always ends with him farting in my room (It's seriously embarrassing) and me trying to deliberately poison him with perfume. But when I was younger it used to be fun playing with him and stuff. It's fun fighting with my brother too, we never really hurt each other, and it's just like play-fighting really. My little sister is adorable, and I like looking after her and watching out for her. We're so similar it's like looking at myself when I was a lot younger (there's a fairly big age difference between us) and I love her to pieces. She drives me crazy by acting like a baby still, because I know that at her age I was expected to be the mature one and act my age. And not being able to watch Scrubs and Being Human when she's around because it's "inappropriate" is annoying as well, seeing as she hides behind the sofa and then pops up and goes "ahem, this is not suitable for me." (She honestly says that), and then my parents yell at me. But overall having a brother and sister is pretty brilliant. I can still be childish around them if I want to be, and I'd do anything to protect them and I know that they're not going to judge me for anything. That's the best part.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.