What have you achieved this year? Watch

lattywatty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thought I'd set up an optimistic thread where you can reflect over this past academic year

Doesn't have to be just work-related, though.

What have you done to be proud of?
SharpDressedMan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Contracted diabetes
hannah.austin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SharpDressedMan)
Contracted diabetes
Nice one!! Diabetes is great, isn't it?
davidcy147
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
1st in my second year.
Humanities scholarship for my exam marks.
Acted as treasurer for both "Philosophy Society" and "LUU"....

...Most important of all, I've now realised who I am.
Sprockette
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Contracted diabetes
Eep! You are to be commended, that's quite a task...

I have finally set clear career aims that I may actually be able to pull off Wish they'd hurry up though - roll on 2011!!! I have managed something really big for me and that is to tell my parents I have a job lol I decided to stop lying and just tell the truth. I have never done that throughout uni and it stressed me out so much, so I am making a genuine effort to be bluntly honest.
NaturalDisaster
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sweet f.a.

Honestly. There's still half a year (ish) of school left, maybe I'll do something interesting then. But no, all I've done is pass my first NAB of my Higher exams (This may require translation from ScotQual terms), with only two other people in my class. So now I know I'm at least (or most) at C level. Yaaaaay. :rolleyes: My lack of achievements depresses me. But the important thing is that there's plenty of time to achieve something I might try actually writing part of my book instead of playing around with the characters.
Jsmalley1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got dumped by my ex of three years, such an optimistic thread this is
SharpDressedMan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hannah.austin)
Nice one!! Diabetes is great, isn't it?
It's not so bad tbh. Sounds a bit sadist but I enjoy injecting myself daily and making my fingers bleed to check my levels :o:
geetar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Finished my seocnd year of uni, did fairly well.
That's pretty much it.
hannah.austin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's not so bad tbh. Sounds a bit sadist but I enjoy injecting myself daily and making my fingers bleed to check my levels :o:
Same :P I love needles! But it does get a bit boring when you've had it 9 years...
Blueflare
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Got good at being a student, decided on a career, got an amazing boyfriend, travelled, started getting fit and healthy.

It's been a good year!
Kätzchen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
1st class degree.
Got promoted to management at work. It's not my ideal situaton currently, but it's more money and is paying my bills.
samanthaaaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
First things that spring to mind are passing my theory test and finishing sixthform
fretter778
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Finished first year of college, passed my BCU 2* Kayak, passed my theory and hopefully passing my practical driving test tomorrow!
Antifazian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Passed my driving test first time.
Finished my A levels.

That's about it. :o:
Anatheme
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Now that I have to reflect on it…
This year, I:

- Took more responsibilities, I became a Peer Mentor, a Student Rep in both my subjects and a Student Ambassador.
- Got more involved in uni life, I was running two societies, one that I had created.
- Took up a new sport, and started rowing, which was very enjoyable although I'm considering coxing instead of rowing, in my 4th year.
- Managed to get in the riding competition team, and although I didn't stay too long, I still managed to do very well in a competition .

- Worked, as a waitress at Old Trafford and as a Student Ambassador for the uni, who liked me enough to ask me to come back :p:.
- Was placed in one of the best suite when working at Wimbledon, although it wasn't my cup of tea at all.

- Managed to have the Russian department to create more modules, and it worked, the future 2nd years now have 5 new modules for next year!
- Managed to get the same department to buy more books, and it worked again, so we have updated versions of textbooks in our libraries.
- Set up a new scheme, to help student on the academic side. It's called PASS and it's students helping students, it will start next year.

And the most important of all

- I passed my 2nd year and can now go abroad!
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Finally got my own gaff (let) instead of living in shared houses.
Learnt the basics of SQL in line with a promotion at work.
Learnt to play Radio Protector on piano.

becomingbindy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Got into all 5 universities I applied to, worked really hard for my A Levels so hopefully that paid off, fallen even more in love with my boyfriend, learnt a lot more about myself as a person.
Lamptastic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have managed to spend a lot of money on absolutely nothing:nodots:

I also aged 1 year!
Sapphire_Eyes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I passed my first year of uni which is an acheivement as I was told I wouldnt ever acheive anything!

3 years with my gorgeous bf
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (146)
18.23%
No (487)
60.8%
Not really bothered about them (168)
20.97%

Watched Threads