Turn on thread page Beta

Taking a treadmill to uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering if it's worth taking my own treadmill to uni? I don't want to leave it at home and it's only small, would it fit in a standard uni room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xblueprints)
    I'm just wondering if it's worth taking my own treadmill to uni? I don't want to leave it at home and it's only small, would it fit in a standard uni room?
    Please don't. Your name will become "The person who brought a treadmill.". Just run outside or join the university gym.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidcy147)
    Please don't. Your name will become "The person who brought a treadmill.". Just run outside or join the university gym.
    This.
    Honestly.
    Please.

I'd love to have a friend that I could call Treadmill. Do it.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Alright Road Runner

ReputationRep:
    i'd lol

ReputationRep:
    dont bring it at the start but maybe a couple of weeks into uni after freshers and that?

ReputationRep:
    Please think of the neighbours, it's bad enough hearing upstairs jumping on the bed nevermind the repetitive drone of someone going for a run for 30mins.

ReputationRep:
    Does nobody else do it?

ReputationRep:
    No-one else does it! They join the uni gym. I've had the next door neighbours having sex, karaoke parties, and someone above me playing trumpet. Nothing's more annoying than people making a lot of noise in halls. The walls are VERY thin.

ReputationRep:
    No. The noise would be SO annoying. Just go outside, better for you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It probably wouldn't fit in your room and everyone would think you're a ******* retard.

ReputationRep:
    grrr

ReputationRep:
    My last year I got an exercise bike. I'm a serious runner (was hitting ~60mpw at that point - more like 85 these days) and had picked up an injury so bought an exercise bike for ~£100, chucked it into my room and cycled away. Never had issues really but was in a basement room that year and so could stomp about to my heart's content. Maybe got a few comments when people first came in but that's it really...

That said - in the first week of uni you'd get a lot of stick. Leave it a bit, see how thin the walls and ceilings are (if you're ground floor then no worries about noise) and then make the decision.

Just go outside and run though! So much better.

*Should add that my final year room was huge, had desk, bed, cabinet, sofa, coffee table, chest of drawers and still loads of room.*

ReputationRep:
    Do exercise bikes make less noise? I don't mind joining the gym but running is a sort of release if I'm stressed or angry, I like having the freedom of it being in my room :/

ReputationRep:
    Why not run outside? I do the same but wouldn't find a treadmill relaxing at all!

Exercise bike considerably less noise. Also less hassle to get to/from uni as can be taken apart quickly and easily.

ReputationRep:
    You'd get to Uni quicker if you drove or took the train.

ReputationRep:
    so taking an exercise bike would be ok?

And yes I'm planning on that..ha ha ha. not.

ReputationRep:
    I would just join the gym at uni.

I really wouldn't. It's big and it would be noisy when you're there stomping around on it.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.