Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    I am contemplating taking this degree and I have a few questions, which hopefully someone on here can answer..
    Is this stronger than a normal Law degree, and whats the basic difference(apart from the obvious lol)
    Are the job opportunites better, and would I be bettere off doing a criminology degree or a Law degree.
    Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    Where is it that you want to do it, and is it a Qualifying Law Degree?

(Original post by Delight :))
    Hey guys
    I am contemplating taking this degree and I have a few questions, which hopefully someone on here can answer..
    Is this stronger than a normal Law degree, and whats the basic difference(apart from the obvious lol)
    Are the job opportunites better, and would I be bettere off doing a criminology degree or a Law degree.
    Thanks guys
    Having just completed Criminology and Sociology, personally i'd go for the LLB Law - Law is a lot stronger than Criminology!! Don't get me wrong, I have thoroughly enjoyed the 3 yrs and have found it interesting, but researching the job market and trying to find anything remotely related to my degree is proving somewhat difficult. I know the job market for a lot of people is not great, but I feel if I had perhaps a stronger degree subject, ie Law, then perhaps job prospects might be a tad better? . . :dontknow:.

IMO have a good think about it because 3yrs is a long time to do a subject and then realise its not what you wanted to do.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies guys..
    But I don't understand, doesn't a LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology mean I am doing Law, but Criminology as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mickeyfit)
    Where is it that you want to do it, and is it a Qualifying Law Degree?
    Thinking maybe Nottingham Trent?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 27, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.