Loughborough vs Aberdeen ???reputation??? Watch

cynity
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey guys,

I got offers from L'boro and Aberdeen for MSc in Computer Science Department. I wanted to ask you guys which Uni has better reputation and is more respected by employers in the area of Computer Science ?

Any tips will be helpful
0404343m
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pretty similar I would imagine. Did you look at Edinburgh or Glasgow? I think for CS they're two of the best half-dozen in the UK. You'll be fine with either of those you've picked though.
cynity
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey 0404343m,

thanks for your respond. could you tell me your opinion on what is the respect of the employers for these unis ??
Smack
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Aberdeen Comp Sci grads regularly get interviewed by the computer world's big players like IBM, and due to being in Aberdeen get the first choice of the IT work in the oil and gas. My dad's an IT consultant and a large percentage of his office have Aberdeen computer science degrees.

If you think that an employer is going to base his decision on the reputation of the university, especially when it comes to Aberdeen and L'boro, you're wrong. If you lose out on a job it'll be because someone with decades of experience got it, not because someone from a university that is ranked higher in some league tables applied for it as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1100)
79.14%
Leave (290)
20.86%

Watched Threads