The Student Room Group

Nasty messages in honesty box - what should I do?

Hey everyone,

I recently started seeing a really nice guy. We have loads of fun together and I really like him. The problem is, recently I've been receiving really nasty messages in my facebook honesty box aimed at him. They're calling him ugly and saying we shouldn't be together etc. I think they're all from the same person and they say its a male writing it.

I couldn't care less what people think of him - it just shows this person is shallow and if they get a thrill out of writing something nasty about someone then they have a sad life. I just don't know if I should reply. I want to write back telling them I'd like to see what they look like as I'm sure they are no beauty themselves lol. But I'm not sure if I should give them a reaction, as that's what I think they're trying to provoke. It bothers me that I'm friends with someone on facebook who would write something nasty like this. I want to know who it is so I can get rid of them basically as I don't like people like that.

Should I reply or should I just ignore these messages?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ignore
Reply 2
Just tell them he has a massive dick.
Delete the honesty box?
Reply 4
Ignore them, you are confident in your relationship and it's not affecting you personally so there's no need to react :smile:

Maybe have a clear out of fb friends though. Or check that your box isn't available to people who aren't on your friends?

xxx
at least they're being honest
:biggrin: Why do you have an honesty box? People are only going to use it to tell you stuff they wouldn't dare say to your face (else they'd just say it to your face).
Agree with the massive dick post. Say its 14 inches, when flacid.
Reply 8
jismith1989
:biggrin: Why do you have an honesty box? People are only going to use it to tell you stuff they wouldn't dare say to your face (else they'd just say it to your face).

I don't know why lol. I got it in the first year of uni when everyone had it and my friends just used it to write funny messages to each other. I thought it was just a laugh to be used for fun, not to write nasty comments that could hurt someone. I'm considering getting rid of it now but at the same time I think why should I because of this horrible person? :rolleyes:
Just ignore them. Some people like being mean when they're anonymous. :rolleyes:
Contact facebook?

They may be able to identify who it is and deal with them.

Don't post anything provocative, it will be the reaction they want. Say something like "please could you stop spamming me on here, you've already been reported to facebook".
Reply 11
Ignore or get rid of the honesty box
kim_b1990
Hey everyone,

I recently started seeing a really nice guy. We have loads of fun together and I really like him. The problem is, recently I've been receiving really nasty messages in my facebook honesty box aimed at him. They're calling him ugly and saying we shouldn't be together etc. I think they're all from the same person and they say its a male writing it.

I couldn't care less what people think of him - it just shows this person is shallow and if they get a thrill out of writing something nasty about someone then they have a sad life. I just don't know if I should reply. I want to write back telling them I'd like to see what they look like as I'm sure they are no beauty themselves lol. But I'm not sure if I should give them a reaction, as that's what I think they're trying to provoke. It bothers me that I'm friends with someone on facebook who would write something nasty like this. I want to know who it is so I can get rid of them basically as I don't like people like that.

Should I reply or should I just ignore these messages?

Ignore the messages but keep in mind. Replying back will just make situation worse...though then again not replying will be worse too.. What can you do? Who knows.

People treat honesty box as a meaningless mess about and people treat it for their different motives. People have thoughts about others but ITS FOR you to DECIDE.

You judge the guy, no doubt we all have a History of our past.
Reply 13
Your relationship is doooooooooooooomed :frown:
Reply 14
You're going to have to go to Peru.
Reply 15
BeanofJelly
Contact facebook?

They may be able to identify who it is and deal with them.

Don't post anything provocative, it will be the reaction they want. Say something like "please could you stop spamming me on here, you've already been reported to facebook".

That's like phoning BT for a technical problem. They're never gonna help you out...
giran
That's like phoning BT for a technical problem. They're never gonna help you out...

Probably the case.

But she can still bluff atrociously.
I'd ignore it, they are just trying to wind you up/get a reaction out of you.
Consider the honesty box to be fire, and having the honesty box on your page is a form of play.

Play with fire and you end up burnt.

An Honesty Box?! Seriously, that's just asking for abuse, I don't understand it. People are ***** (c-word) when they have the choice of being anonymous.
Reply 19
Ignore.

Latest

Trending

Trending