Turn on thread page Beta

got my loan payment dates, confused about the amounts! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've put details of all my loan/grant payments in an attatchment

I'm going to UCLAN and living in Standard accomadation, I'm paying the costs in 2 direct debit payments-
    £1350.89 on 29/09/2010
    +
    £1590.90 on 10/01/2011

I won't quite have enough to pay the costs, but my Mum said she'll borrow the money, which is a lifesaver (didn't think she would, or if she even can yet).

However according to the Student Finance application, I'll have £1,188.98 payed into my account (maintenence loan) on 01/05/2011, but I would have payed all my rent for the term, so what is this money, I'm confused at the moment
    Could somebody help
    Attached Images

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by amy-jayne)

I'm going to UCLAN and living in Standard accomadation, I'm paying the costs in 2 direct debit payments-
    £1350.89 on 29/09/2010
    +
    £1590.90 on 10/01/2011

I won't quite have enough to pay the costs, but my Mum said she'll borrow the money, which is a lifesaver (didn't think she would, or if she even can yet).

However according to the Student Finance application, I'll have £1,188.98 payed into my account (maintenence loan) on 01/05/2011, but I would have payed all my rent for the term, so what is this money, I'm confused at the moment
    Could somebody help
    You get three loan payments throughout the year - one for each of the three terms (Autumn, Spring, Summer).

The summer payment is usually the most (if you are not in your final year) as this is expected to cover you for your summer holiday (yes, a pathetic amount, I know).

Hope that clears things up for you!

Edit: For some reason you pay your accom in 2 instalments - as far as I am aware, at most unis it's once per term, either in advance or at the end of term.

ReputationRep:

£1350.89 on 29/09/2010
    +
    £1590.90 on 10/01/2011

Could somebody help
    Usually... Well at my university, you pay rent in three installments. So the first in September, the next in January and the final amount in May.

If you only have to pay your accomodation in two payments.
    Then the final installment of your student loan is yours to keep I guess

ReputationRep:

£1350.89 on 29/09/2010
    +
    £1590.90 on 10/01/2011

Could somebody help
    Omg! your going to UCLAN!!

ReputationRep:
    The final instalment is for the summer/the next year.

ReputationRep:

£1350.89 on 29/09/2010
    +
    £1590.90 on 10/01/2011

Could somebody help
    Ok, heres some maths:

On 12/9/2010 or 2 days early or 4 working days after, you will have in your Bank account: £2123.01 (Your attendance at university must be confirmed to receive this)

Your accomodation is payment is: £1350.89 on 29/09/2010

Leaving you £2123.01 - £1350.98 = £772.02 left over. (Bare in mind, accommodation usually takes out the money 3 days early than the actual date...so have the money ready at least a week early).

On 10/1/2011 - your 2nd amount of £2123.01 is given and you pay your accommodation of £1590.90 on 10/01/2011. This might cause some issues. You can always have your mum to pay you and return the payment when you receive it. Reminder above, accommodation takes out payment early by 3 days sometimes. Check with your university.

As for the rest of your amount, 01/5/2011 will be given to you of £2156.98. Hope that makes sense.

All the bold adds up to be: £6403.00 to your statement (in the picture attachement you provided)

ReputationRep:
    i suppose you could use it to repay anything you owe your mother, or if not long holiday.

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.