Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm hopefully going to be studying computer science at Nottingham in September.

I looked at the prices of rooms in halls and they are about £80 a week non catered and I looked on gumtree and saw a room for £50 p/w including all bills, I thought this was cheap and paid a £110 deposit and now I have signed a contract for 6 months.

My friend says that I have paid way too much, do you think that I am getting ripped off?

Also the room is in Radford, so not too far from the Nottingham main campus.

ReputationRep:
    Are they nice halls? That's just over £300/month so it's not terrible. You can get a lot cheaper but they will also be less nice.

ReputationRep:
    too much?! £50 a week including bills....?! Most people I know pay a minimum of 60, not including bills...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    lol, £80 p/w is so cheap.

I'll be paying £109 p/w in halls!

ReputationRep:
    ah, I feel better now lol. It's private accommodation because I thought that Nottingham uni prices were a bit too high. Then when I rang my friend he said that I was paying way too much and that it should only be about £150 p/m inc. bills!

ReputationRep:
    where abouts in Radford is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bensmart)
    where abouts in Radford is it?
    Radford Boulevard.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm Radford isn't the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomlocke489)
    Radford Boulevard.

I wouldn't advise moving there as a first year! Halls are there to get to know the city and the area, its kinda far from uni..you'll be away from freshers life. £80pw isn't bad!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 14, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.