Turn on thread page Beta

Pulling my proverbial pigtails? watch

The guy I really like has taken to winding me up occasionally if I mention a guy. Take this conversation for example...

I asked him about a mutual male friend(& getting said friend something for his birthday), and I also mentioned how I'd initially been unsure about going to the guy's birthday party(real reason doesn't matter). As soon as I said this he cut in saying, 'Why? Can you not contain your feelings for him?', then quickly afterwards said (I don't know why I do this with you haha).

I said what, wind me up? And he said 'Childlishly insinuate you fancy every guy you mention'...'but yeah...hmm'. ?!

It's not like I sit discussing other men with him all the time! But he winds me up about another guy we both know from uni that fancies me & has turned a bit stalkerish of late. Of course I'm probably reading into nothing But still, what the f is he on about? I was hoping he might like me but he's acting strangely!

ReputationRep:
    Don't be an idiot.

He does it to see how you react. If you go, "yeah I do fancy that person," then he knows you're not into him.

He's hoping you'll turn around and go, "you're the guy I like."

It suprises me how clueless women can be sometimes.

(Original post by JohnnytheFox)
    Don't be an idiot.

He does it to see how you react. If you go, "yeah I do fancy that person," then he knows you're not into him.

Hmm How come he said he didn't know why he does it then?

ReputationRep:
    Don't be an idiot.

:yep: its amazing how simple it is for us to see from that sample of the story exactly what he wants yet all this time you couldnt work it out...

ReputationRep:
    hes insecure

ReputationRep:
    He likes you.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be an idiot.

Well said, women can F things up at times but moronic behaviour such as this, if you like him then tell him.

(Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)
    hes insecure
    Could you elaborate?

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Could you elaborate?
    He's not confident enough to just start hitting on you (or maybe he's worried about risking his friendship with you), so he's doing what little boys do, which is to get on your nerves hoping you'll say you like him.

If you want to be sure then just start teasing him back and especially try touching him a lot (on the shoulder, arm, knee, etc) when you talk. If he likes you he'll become incredibly tense around you. Good fun if you do it right.

(Original post by EssRidge)
    He's not confident enough to just start hitting on you (or maybe he's worried about risking his friendship with you), so he's doing what little boys do, which is to get on your nerves hoping you'll say you like him.

If you want to be sure then just start teasing him back and especially try touching him a lot (on the shoulder, arm, knee, etc) when you talk. If he likes you he'll become incredibly tense around you. Good fun if you do it right.
    That's the problemo: I touch him on the arm quite a lot when talking and sometimes he moves away. He's a bit taller so I use the excuse to go on my tiptoes & gently hold his shoulder as we talk, but he'll sometimes move away when I do this :| Imagine someone leaning against a lamp post & the lamp post gradually shifting down the street. I end up looking so daft! I don't think it's because he doesn't like me though...:woo:

When we're sat next to eachother in lectures(and unless I'm imagining it) the tension is...woah. Occasionally he'll get a case of shaking his legs, which makes me feel even more on edge! So for example if he is to do this again, just grab his leg?! Ha ha...

It's weird though, sometimes he isn't shifty or moving about like that at all, and everything just feels...right

ReputationRep:
    When we're sat next to eachother in lectures(and unless I'm imagining it) the tension is...woah. Occasionally he'll get a case of shaking his legs, which makes me feel even more on edge! So for example if he is to do this again, just grab his leg?! Ha ha...
    Has he ever had a serious gf? If he hasn't had much experience of this before he might be really nervous and not sure what to do.

Has he ever had a serious gf? If he hasn't had much experience of this before he might be really nervous and not sure what to do.
    I'm not sure because I've only known him since being at uni. Although he does come from a pretty tiny place.

He's absolutely gorgeous though :rolleyes: But I'm certain he can't see it, &he says he doesn't really get much attention off of women(I think they are probably just a bit intimidated).

He's pretty flirty online, though not so much face to face, which makes me think he lacks confidence but maybe does like me? I don't want to scare him with touching his leg etc haha, but I want to just try a few things with him without taking it too far at first?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure because I've only known him since being at uni. Although he does come from a pretty tiny place.

He's absolutely gorgeous though :rolleyes: But I'm certain he can't see it, &he says he doesn't really get much attention off of women(I think they are probably just a bit intimidated).

He's pretty flirty online, though not so much face to face, which makes me think he lacks confidence but maybe does like me? I don't want to scare him with touching his leg etc haha, but I want to just try a few things with him without taking it too far at first?
    Well, I would recommend that you seduce him gently. :cookie:

OK, so grabbing his leg and such would probably be a bad idea, but it's a turn-on when a girl you like leans her leg into you slightly as she's sitting, then moves away after a few minutes, then puts her leg back. Also, a bit of flowery (not too strong) perfume will make you seem a bit more feminine and appealing, although I have no idea what you smell like normally.

There's no list of things that you have to do...you just have to sense how he's feeling and if he seems uncomfortable then try being a bit more indirect. Sexual tension is awesome when it works.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm How come he said he didn't know why he does it then?
    Because he doesn't want to let you know he's into you, without you making it clear you feel the same first.

Well, I would recommend that you seduce him gently. :cookie:

OK, so grabbing his leg and such would probably be a bad idea, but it's a turn-on when a girl you like leans her leg into you slightly as she's sitting, then moves away after a few minutes, then puts her leg back. Also, a bit of flowery (not too strong) perfume will make you seem a bit more feminine and appealing, although I have no idea what you smell like normally.

There's no list of things that you have to do...you just have to sense how he's feeling and if he seems uncomfortable then try being a bit more indirect. Sexual tension is awesome when it works.
    My perfume has a sort of subtly flowery scent with a definite irresistible feminine allure...or at least it might have that effect if I continue to wear it :p:

This tension is unbearable! It's always worse in lectures because we have to sit right next to eachother in silence. I'm pretty good at reading people but I've never met someone harder to read :eek: Thanks for you advice.

Because he doesn't want to let you know he's into you, without you making it clear you feel the same first.
    And herein lies the problem. Because while it's easy to say I should just make the first move...I'm not sure if he does like me, we are very close friends and we're going to be on the exact same course for the next 3 years...

ReputationRep:
    This tension is unbearable! It's always worse in lectures because we have to sit right next to eachother in silence. I'm pretty good at reading people but I've never met someone harder to read :eek: Thanks for you advice.
    Hmm, well it sounds like you're doing the right things. If you dare, get him alone and ask him if he's ever wondered what it would be like to kiss you. One of my exes did that*; she was great.

* if he doesn't want to take things any further with you though, he won't be enthusiastic, but you'll at least know where you stand and you can concentrate on just being friends

Hmm, well it sounds like you're doing the right things. If you dare, get him alone and ask him if he's ever wondered what it would be like to kiss you. One of my exes did that*; she was great.

* if he doesn't want to take things any further with you though, he won't be enthusiastic, but you'll at least know where you stand and you can concentrate on just being friends
    Hmm, if it gets that frustrating I might have to. He chats to me every few days for quite a long time, I've met his friends & stuff...and I've caught him checking me out a few times before. I caught him staring at me in lectures before we ever spoke!

Anyway, I'm just rambling frustration now Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, if it gets that frustrating I might have to. He chats to me every few days for quite a long time, I've met his friends & stuff...and I've caught him checking me out a few times before. I caught him staring at me in lectures before we ever spoke!

Anyway, I'm just rambling frustration now Thanks for your help!
    You're either trolling, or very, very stupid. I can't decide which.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2010
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.