The Student Room Group

How to people meet their partners if not in work or education?

I'm 22 and I have got one more year left in university. I do not want to rest my hopes of finding "the one" on my last year at university, moreover I'm doing a dergee which is considered male dominated and from past work experience most of the women there were over the age of 40 (including in HR).

They say most people meet the partners in work or education and my chances are slim in both areas. Moreover I don't want to go into a career where I only joined because the proportion of women was higher than the career I really want to have and will be happy in.

So I was wondering where other places I can meet potential partners.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Parks/Stores/Bars

Really not that difficult OP
Tsr
grant452
I'm 22 and I have got one more year left in university. I do not want to rest my hopes of finding "the one" on my last year at university, moreover I'm doing a dergee which is considered male dominated and from past work experience most of the women there were over the age of 40 (including in HR).

They say most people meet the partners in work or education and my chances are slim in both areas. Moreover I don't want to go into a career where I only joined because the proportion of women was higher than the career I really want to have and will be happy in.

A nightclub, Speedating or just randomly??
Through friends of friends :yep:
Reply 5
The Internet, Dark Allies and seedy hotels
She'll run you over and be in your room when you wake up.

There's just one problem...she's engaged!!!

So it'll then be up to you and your mates to covertly break them up via assorted hilarious hijinks.

True story.
Reply 7
grant452

Most relationships start through freinds, so i think your best chance is telling the above to friends and seeing who pops up in differnt groups of people
Reply 8
err anywhere haha xx
Reply 9
GazingAtStars
Through friends of friends :yep:

this
You won't! You're doomed!
Clubs, Bars, Cinema....
Tsr haha.... :yep:
I met my boyfriend at a gig. Festivals are also a great place to meet people!
mostly through friends and friends of friends

i met my partner in a club and then a random chance encounter a few months after when she remembered me dancing and i took my top off.
err. we have this thing called the internet
Minty Fresh
Most relationships start through freinds, so i think your best chance is telling the above to friends and seeing who pops up in differnt groups of people

I don't know a single person who met their partner through friends.

I met my Fiance in a club, turned out to be a Computer Scientist too though!
Reply 16
Could try match.com?
Reply 17
friend's friends
Reply 18
ktm89
friend's friends

Exactly! Not hard to find people.
Reply 19
grant452

i met mine at a house party :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending