The Student Room Group

Girls more mature/grown up than guys?

I experienced this with my ex girlfriend and have noticed it with so many other couples aswell, the girl just seems so much more mature and grown up :s-smilie: not even in obvious way, not in terms of personality or behaviour either and not because I'm immature (neither are the other guys I noticed this with).

It's hard to explain but they seemed more adult-like, my ex was 2 years younger than me aswell which seemed even more surprising. I felt like they're just a different stage of their adult life or something :s-smilie: Especially noticeable when you stay with them, is it perhaps because they generally know how to look after themselves, cook, clean, take up on the responsibilities (not saying guys don't)?

It's really hard to explain, it's sort of like you know how you see couples where the girl is taking care of herself and the guy too? Not because the guy can't, but just because the girl seems to be so much better at it? Could it be that girls know more 'life skills' at a younger age?

Have any of you ever noticed this?
Reply 1
No. I think it is completely swings and roundabouts. There are so many women who act like girls right into their twenties and beyond. The same applies to guys.
I personally don't think girls are more mature than guys. It depends on the individual in my honest opinion but they're the same.
Reply 3
Girls do generally mature earlier than boys.

But it's not always the case. You might just be paying more attention to cases where the girl is more mature and not really noticing couples where the girl is spoilt and the guy is doting on her. Both are quite common.
Some are and some aren't.

/thread
Reply 5
Anonymous
I experienced this with my ex girlfriend and have noticed it with so many other couples aswell, the girl just seems so much more mature and grown up :s-smilie: not even in obvious way, not in terms of personality or behaviour either and not because I'm immature (neither are the other guys I noticed this with).

It's hard to explain but they seemed more adult-like, my ex was 2 years younger than me aswell which seemed even more surprising. I felt like they're just a different stage of their adult life or something :s-smilie: Especially noticeable when you stay with them, is it perhaps because they generally know how to look after themselves, cook, clean, take up on the responsibilities (not saying guys don't)?

It's really hard to explain, it's sort of like you know how you see couples where the girl is taking care of herself and the guy too? Not because the guy can't, but just because the girl seems to be so much better at it? Could it be that girls know more 'life skills' at a younger age?

Have any of you ever noticed this?

All i can say, Guys are playing the Girl's Game and the Guys just think the Girls are playing their game. I'm independent, and many women out there are becoming independent, you be amazed how many women play their game, perhaps not short term but long term wise, e.g. 1-3 or even 3-5 years or more.
I thought it was a general known fact that women mature earlier than men?

But yes I've noticed this in my relationship lol. But then, my bf's 3 years younger than me and I've always been mature for my age anyway. He's happy to have his washing done by his mum at 21, whereas I made a point of doing my own when I was 17 because I wanted to seem mature and independent. Hehe.
Reply 7
Psycho0101
Some are and some aren't.

/thread

this

Latest

Trending

Trending