Advice please: Boob jobs- POLL INCLUDED! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Okay so this is my problem:

I am 5ft 9 and slim but am pear-shaped This is made more obvious by the fact that I am completely flat-chested; I just fill a 32AA. I have always wanted bigger boobs and when I went to the doctors last year to find out if my hormones were normal I was told that if I wanted I could have a boob job on the NHS when I was 18 as I have had a medical condition which has prevented me from putting on weight and resulted in my self-esteem being reduced.

I have just turned 18 and started thinking about it again. If I did have an enlargement I would only go to a B/C because I only want to feel confident about my body and be able to buy nice clothes rather than just want big breasts.

I have become very aware of my body over the past few years and don't wear bikinis/swimsuits any more because I am so flat-chested. I also feel that no guy is going to see a girl who is as tall as me as sexy when she has no boobs. However, so many guys say fake is not sexy either.

What is actually true? If they look natural is that better?

Finally, to girls who have had boob jobs: do they look natural and does it make your boobs feel hard?

Thank you for any advice given in advance.
Anonymous #1
Okay the poll didn't work but it was just going to be a yes or no option for guys and girls seperately.
iainthegreat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Aw, I came into this thread hoping to see boobs.
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have become very aware of my body over the past few years and don't wear bikinis/swimsuits any more because I am so flat-chested. I also feel that no guy is going to see a girl who is as tall as me as sexy when she has no boobs. However, so many guys say fake is not sexy either.
Ignore what guys are going to think. You're considering major surgery here, so it's you that has to be happy about it. Do YOU want to have bigger boobs for your own self-esteem?
fosforpheasant
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think you've actually good sensible reasons for considering having one. I mean, it seems it's stemming more from your body-image issues as opposed to from some vain, egotistical ambition to become a bimbo, and for that I appreciate where you're coming from. None of us can really tell what you've got to do, cos, naturally you're the only one in the position to assess what's best for you. I think you should know though that there will be loads of guys who aren't really all that much concerned by what breast size you are. Sure, there may be some ignorant ***** who'd judge a girl on that, but those kind of guys are pretty worthless.
TShadow383
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Get them done if you like, although I must admit I'm in the crowd that thinks the NHS shouldn't be doing those sorts of procedures.
That said, if it'll make a big difference to your self-esteem, go for it, but make sure you do your research first.
py0alb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hell no. would you date a guy with pec implants?
chocolat321
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, I know one girl who got implants and it did wonders for her self esteem.
HOWEVER, breast augmentation is a major surgery, so you must do your research before you opt for it.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You're going to look a lot better in a dress and normal clothes too and when it comes to getting naked with a guy he's not going to care if they're fake or not because by that point you will be having sex.
Ilora-Danon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm pear shaped, and am a B cup. I'm a little annoyed actually that you have such a problem with your figure. There's nothing wrong with your shape or size and the fact they offered you a boob job 'because you can't put weight on' is bull. I find that quite insulting. It's also quite shocking considering the fact that you're pear shaped - you naturally wouldn't grow massive boobs even if you put weight on because you naturally don't store it on your chest because of your shape. I'm shocked they would offer someone breast implants on that basis!

Do it, don't do it. It's your life and your chest. If I was a guy, I'd be sad that a girl wasn't comfortable being herself and needed pieces of plastic in her chest to make herself feel better.
Indieboohoo
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TShadow383)
Get them done if you like, although I must admit I'm in the crowd that thinks the NHS shouldn't be doing those sorts of procedures.
That said, if it'll make a big difference to your self-esteem, go for it, but make sure you do your research first.
This
Bunkd
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
A) We need pics
B) You should pay for it yourself.
M1F2R3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This thread should be interesting :sexface:

OP, most men actually are all for boob jobs, personally I would rather a wife/gf with a boob job than a pancake.
M1F2R3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bunkd)
A) We need pics
B) You should pay for it yourself.
Hear, hear.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
I'm pear shaped, and am a B cup. I'm a little annoyed actually that you have such a problem with your figure. There's nothing wrong with your shape or size and the fact they offered you a boob job 'because you can't put weight on' is bull. I find that quite insulting. It's also quite shocking considering the fact that you're pear shaped - you naturally wouldn't grow massive boobs even if you put weight on because you naturally don't store it on your chest because of your shape. I'm shocked they would offer someone breast implants on that basis!

Do it, don't do it. It's your life and your chest. If I was a guy, I'd be sad that a girl wasn't comfortable being herself and needed pieces of plastic in her chest to make herself feel better.
I would have no problem with being pear-shaped and a B cup. I would love to be a B cup!

I apologise for not making it clear but there is more to it than I cannot put weight on. My medical problem and the resulting treatment actually reduced my upper body compared to my lower body. I was boyish/small pear but I was happy originally. For example my waist of 26" became 23.5" and my cup size reduced from an A to an AA. However my lower body remained as it originally was. I was told by the doctors that this would not go back to normal. I think it is this reduction which has caused me to feel so self-conscious. There is even more to it than that but telling the rest would take far too much time but that's the main reason why they would offer me it on the NHS.

Thank you for your advice though. I take it you presume a guy would prefer flat-chested but natural to small/medium but fake?
cowsgoquack
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
fake breasts look amazing in clothes but not so great when naked

choisir
cowsgoquack
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)

Yeah being a B cup and having no boob is a bit different isnt it. How incredibly insulting of you to say that you're annoyed with them for feeling upset with how they look.
Ilora-Danon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for your advice though. I take it you presume a guy would prefer flat-chested but natural to small/medium but fake?
Yes. My boyfriend always comments when I watch those plastic surgery programmes - channel 4's the ugly face of beauty is currently my fave programme atm - you may find it helpful. But I digress, yeah, my boyfriend says he'd much rather I be a B cup and natural than a C/D cup and fake. He hates fake boobs.
HarryisI
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Some people prefer pear-shaped women. Disregard height, obtain men.
Lamptastic
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't think they should be granted on the NHS, only reductions as they give you physical health problems.

If it would really mean that much to you go ahead, after all it is your body. However I think you need to address your self image issues. Think about shakira, nice ass tiny breasts, and she's still stunning. I actually respect that she didn't consider a boob job.

But after all the decision is yours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.35%
Nope, not that interesting (163)
40.35%

Watched Threads