Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    in terms of credit history is your house that you live in looked at for example if my parents credit was not that good but i wanted to get a phone contract for example and they looked at , would the credit history of the house effect me in any way

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, unless you bought the house which you obviously didn't.

ReputationRep:
    They'll give a phone contract to anyone. I wouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    I don't think so, unless you bought the house which you obviously didn't.
    oh ok thanks, but what is this thing about banks being able to black list a particular address because of the peopels living theres credit history if that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by east)
    oh ok thanks, but what is this thing about banks being able to black list a particular address because of the peopels living theres credit history if that makes sense
    I'm not sure, I've never heard of it. But surely the house you live in can't affect your credit rating, because the only person who's responsible for it is the person who owns it, I imagine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    I'm not sure, I've never heard of it. But surely the house you live in can't affect your credit rating, because the only person who's responsible for it is the person who owns it, I imagine.
    i thought so aswell , but thanks anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by east)
    I think this used to happen, but I'm pretty sure it's been outlawed.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of this happening before but I think it should be OK as long as you have another source that proves you should be able to pay contract ie regular income, no bad debt etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by east)
    that's just a myth.

credit searches can only look at your own personal finances. They can't see people who share your home/who have lived there in the past.

If you had a mortgage on that house, then they'd see details of that, but that is all.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a myth - it definitely used to happen but credit is secured against a person, not an address. Don't know whether having the same surname as your parents could be a problem though:confused:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.