Turn on thread page Beta

A positive thread about Islam & Reply to Apostasy argument watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The Quran and Hadiths are two different things. Quran takes precedent over Hadith and if a Hadith is in violation or against the word of Quran then Quran takes precedent.

i.e. Hadith = Apostasy is punishable by death
    Quran = Surah Al-Baqara 2:256 "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things."

There is no worldly punishment solely for apostasy [i.e., changing of one's faith/religion] mentioned in the Qur'an.

Also, there is no hadith confirming punishment or retribution solely for apostasy. In every single case, where punishment has been meted out, riddah involved treason or rebellion. The following is an example of how the Prophet dealt with solely apostasy.

A bedouin gave the Pledge of allegiance to Allah's Apostle for Islam. Then the bedouin got fever at Medina, came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Cancel my Pledge," But Allah's Apostle refused. Then he came to him (again) and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Cancel my Pledge." But the Prophet refused Then he came to him (again) and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Cancel my Pledge." But the Prophet refused. The bedouin finally went out (of Medina) whereupon Allah's Apostle said, "Medina is like a pair of bellows (furnace): It expels its impurities and brightens and clears its good. [Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 9, #318]
    Edit: Those people who were often guilty of apostasy were also guilty of treason at the same time. and Treason is still punishable by death in many countries
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    in before YOU LIKE IZLAM IS EVILZ

So, the dude had to leave medina because he didnt want to be muslim anymore?

nice.

"No, no, there is no compulsion here: do what you like!! But if you happen to disagree with us we are going to make life difficult for you."

ReputationRep:
    The idea behind organised religion is fine, the reality is not.

kkthx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)

nice.

"No, no, there is no compulsion here: do what you like!! But if you happen to disagree with us we are going to make life difficult for you."

He left out of choice. wasn't forced to leave

(Original post by Vegitto)
    Your understanding of the word 'choice' is warped. The quote that you posted seems to rejoice in the fact that impurities (non believers) leave the city. Why doesnt it rejoice about the fact that people can stay no matter what their beliefs? Why doesnt it say that?

If I was in charge of this country, and I said to people: 'you can believe what you want, but if you disagree with me I am going to make it so that you will want to leave'...am I giving them true freedom to choose their own beliefs?

ReputationRep:
    Your understanding of the word 'choice' is warped. The quote that you posted seems to rejoice in the fact that impurities (non believers) leave the city. Why doesnt it rejoice about the fact that people can stay no matter what their beliefs? Why doesnt it say that?

If I was in charge of this country, and I said to people: 'you can believe what you want, but if you disagree with me I am going to make it so that you will want to leave'...am I giving them true freedom to choose their own beliefs?
    Lol just say France

Again, no one made it so that he had to leave. Plus, shouldn't you be more happy that he was alive because apparently Islam prescribes death for apostasy.

ReputationRep:
    whats apostasy

Lol just say France

Again, no one made it so that he had to leave. Plus, shouldn't you be more happy that he was alive because apparently Islam prescribes death for apostasy.
    Are you being serious?

You think that its ok because he wasnt forced to leave...he was just made to want to. Would it then be ok if france made all muslims want to leave? what if they rejoiced at having a country that was like that?
    Would you be ok with them doing that? apparently you would have to be.

ReputationRep:
    Are you being serious?

You think that its ok because he wasnt forced to leave...he was just made to want to. Would it then be ok if france made all muslims want to leave? what if they rejoiced at having a country that was like that?
    Would you be ok with them doing that? apparently you would have to be.

Right you need to get this through your head. In that example the man left out of choice. He was not made to or forced to leave nor were circumstances made such that he would have to leave.

Furthermore, during the time period when even Spain was governed by Muslim rulers. Non-Muslims and Muslims lived together. No-one forced them to leave their homes if they did not convert etc.

Right you need to get this through your head. In that example the man left out of choice. He was not made to or forced to leave nor were circumstances made such that he would have to leave.

Furthermore, during the time period when even Spain was governed by Muslim rulers. Non-Muslims and Muslims lived together. No-one forced them to leave their homes if they did not convert etc.
    Why did he leave then? If things werent uncomfortable for him there because of his lack of belief...why did he leave? The quote that you posted rejoices in the fact that non believers want to leave.

Answer my questions:
    1)if france decided that they were going to make a country in which muslims wanted to leave, and then rejoiced about that fact...would you be ok with it.

2)why doesnt that quote talk about a man that lost his belief, was allowed to have his pledge cancelled, and chose to stay in his home because nobody made life anymore difficult for him? why doesnt it say that? surely it would be a more moral example.

ReputationRep:
    Has the thread turned bad yet?

ReputationRep:

nice.

isn't it like this everywhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    in before YOU LIKE IZLAM IS EVILZ
    LMAO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Has the thread turned bad yet?
    let's countdown from 1 and a half

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YannTouchable)
    let's countdown from 1 and a half
    Doesn't take long here...some people see the word Islam and they pounce on the thread. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Oh god a thread trying to justify the unjustifiable.

ReputationRep:
    It says Medina expeled him
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/expels

ReputationRep:
    I like Sikhism better.
    *beep* islam

^ <3

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.