Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to get into university to study Environmental Sciences this september and both my firm and insurance have given me offers of BBB (I know, i'm an idiot) but after my exams, I think i'll be getting BBC in biology, geology and geography.

I really struggle with timing and the geography final exam was a bloody report - i was screwed no matter how much revision i did. Needless to say i knowhere near finished.

In my GCSEs I got 4 A*s and 6 As, do you think this makes a difference? Should i email the universities and tell them i'm worried because i didn't finish my exam? Seriously worried here!

ReputationRep:
    the GCSEs should even out the C were you to get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennypp)
    I'm hoping to get into university to study Environmental Sciences this september and both my firm and insurance have given me offers of BBB (I know, i'm an idiot) but after my exams, I think i'll be getting BBC in biology, geology and geography.

I really struggle with timing and the geography final exam was a bloody report - i was screwed no matter how much revision i did. Needless to say i knowhere near finished.

In my GCSEs I got 4 A*s and 6 As, do you think this makes a difference? Should i email the universities and tell them i'm worried because i didn't finish my exam? Seriously worried here!
    There's no reason not to e-mail them and ask, you would receive official clarification from the universities instead of people's opinions on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    You're GCSE's are fine. Just apply. You don't need to email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennypp)
    I'm hoping to get into university to study Environmental Sciences this september and both my firm and insurance have given me offers of BBB (I know, i'm an idiot)

How the hell are you an idiot with those grades?

ReputationRep:
    I don't imagine that the universities would really be able to give you any comfort until you get your results...

You might jsut be better off sticking it out, enjoying your summer and not worrying too much, and then when you do get your grades, tackle it then.

Some universities will accept grades below the offers (ie. you got BBC for a BBB offer) anyway, so that could well happen for you - if they don't, it's worht giving the uni's a ring on results day (lines will be busy so you'll have to be persistent) and preparing a mini speech on why they should take you on despite your grades. If you sound passionate enough they may just take you on anyway...

Finally, if it al goes tits up, theres always clearing or the option of taking a gap year and resiting exams.

ReputationRep:
    Oops, lol I didn't mean I was an idiot with those grades, I was saying I was an idiot beacause I didn't apply to a university that offered me lower grades, now i don't have a proper insurance and its all or nothing!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.