Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://news.uk.msn.com/world/article...ntid=154232999

Police in Moldova are investigating the death of a six-week-old baby who apparently drowned during his baptism. The boy's relatives said he died after swallowing water during the ceremony last Friday in a village.
    In the Orthodox religion, babies are baptised by being briefly immersed three times in water.Priests hold the infant's mouths and noses.

Film shot by relatives shows the baby moving after being taken out of the font, but then suffering difficulty breathing as he is dressed. Twenty minutes later, he started bleeding from his nose and mouth and died.

A church spokeswoman said the priest who performed the baptism was being investigated for manslaughter.

ReputationRep:
    Dude, that's bad. Maybe it was the anti-Christ? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I thought babies could breath underwater... :lolwut:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You really can't trust priests anymore if they are not raping your kid they are trying to drown it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Bleeding wtf??
    Yah, sounds more like a coke addict

ReputationRep:
    That's why they shouldn't submerge them. Why can't throwing a trickle of water down their foreheads not be enough?

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2: That particular church probably won't be doing that again in a hurry. A bit of water on the forehead for such a young baby should do really.

Thank God she got baptised before she died.

At least she's going to heaven.

ReputationRep:
    Why does a baptism have to involve holding a baby's mouth and nose when immersed? Surely the baby would panic to a great extent. Some people are true idiots.

ReputationRep:
    lol baptism fail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by machiavelli123)
    I thought babies could breath underwater... :lolwut:
    You're thinking of fish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Thank God she got baptised before she died.

At least she's going to heaven.
    :shock:

I don't think that this should be the main focus of the story.

ReputationRep:
    nice one god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jose)
    You're thinking of fish
    I stand corrected...

ReputationRep:
    stupid religion...wtf y even immerse a baby in the water thats ****** up
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Since when do you start bleeding after ingesting water? Sounds like a completely different cause of death than drowing to me. Also I don't think drowning can have a delayed reaction...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Since when do you start bleeding after ingesting water? Sounds like a completely different cause of death than drowing to me. Also I don't think drowning can have a delayed reaction...
    Dry drowning can.

(Original post by doivid)
    Why does a baptism have to involve holding a baby's mouth and nose when immersed? Surely the baby would panic to a great extent. Some people are true idiots.
    Couldn't be bothered to read the article, but I presume it's a Baptist Church?

I.e. they believe that people should be baptised in a similiar way to Jesus did.

Let's be honest, they could've done the whole thing in a river. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You would think he would be better protected after being baptised:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Dunked in holy water, then starts bleeding from the mouth and nose? They missed that bit out in The Omen.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.