Pre - Medicine Courses Watch

Sparkly-Star
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Many organizations are offering courses for the UKCAT, BMAT or medicine in general. Just wondering if any of you guys have gone to a particular course and whether you have found it useful or not as many of these cost hundreds of pounds. If you could state what course it was and where it took place, that'd be great. :grin: :thumbsup:
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
These courses teach you nothing that you cannot find on the internet. This question asks nothing that you cannot find on the internet.

Therefore, I am going to take a leaf out of these course organiser's books; I will be more than happy to tell you about these courses if you pay me £10.
SemperVivum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not.

(and that goes for Medlink / Medsim too)
Markh1000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Waste of money.
Lu-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Don't bother.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phalanges)
These courses teach you nothing that you cannot find on the internet. This question asks nothing that you cannot find on the internet.

Therefore, I am going to take a leaf out of these course organiser's books; I will be more than happy to tell you about these courses if you pay me £10.
I'll do it for £7.50 and throw in a bag of mini cheddars.
Markh1000
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
:woo:
Sparkly-Star
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sarky)
Okay, deal. :thumbsup:
Sparkly-Star
Rep:
?

Thought so. :p: Was just surprised by some of the stats that their websites stated. :p:
Markh1000
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sparkly-Star)
Thought so. :p: Was just surprised by some of the stats that their websites stated. :p:
Out of interest, what kind of stats?
Sv_
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
NO! There a waste of time and money
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Markh1000)
Those courses claim they will do anything from guarantee you a med school place to boosting the girth of your manhood by 3-5 inches.
RoadWarrior
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Those courses claim they will do anything from guarantee you a med school place to boosting the girth of your manhood by 3-5 inches.
:rofl:
skins345669
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's what drew me in, but as people have said, it proved to be a waste of money
Markh1000
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well in that case, why don't more people sign up!? ... oh wait, they do :sigh:
Ezraeil
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Many organizations are offering courses for the UKCAT, BMAT or medicine in general. Just wondering if any of you guys have gone to a particular course and whether you have found it useful or not as many of these cost hundreds of pounds. If you could state what course it was and where it took place, that'd be great. :grin: :thumbsup:
I got on to one of the BMAT courses for free,and so went to it out of curiosity...it was the biggest waste of time ever. We did nothing that I couldn't have done at home. I felt sorry for the people who had actually paid to go to it
Sparkly-Star
Rep:
?
(Original post by Markh1000)
For example how 90% of the people who go on to the course get a place for medical school blah blah and things like that. :p:
Sparkly-Star
Rep:
?
(Original post by SyedT)
I got on to one of the BMAT courses for free,and so went to it out of curiosity...it was the biggest waste of time ever. We did nothing that I couldn't have done at home. I felt sorry for the people who had actually paid to go to it
Oh okay. :erm: I guess they're just a bunch of money making schemes, once I went to a revision thing and it was absolutely terrible and it was such a waste of money and time.
Ezraeil
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh okay. :erm: I guess they're just a bunch of money making schemes, once I went to a revision thing and it was absolutely terrible and it was such a waste of money and time.
They really are...the event I went to,all we did was go through a mock paper(part of which i'd already seen and done before and which was from the BMAT website). We gave the essay to the guy to mark,and he said he'd mark them and they'd be posted to us...a week or so later I got the essay back,but it hadn't even been marked

I would strongly suggest to you to avoid these events,and just do as much practise as you can from books and websites.
Organ
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I really, really wouldn't bother
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?