The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

SyedT
They really are...the event I went to,all we did was go through a mock paper(part of which i'd already seen and done before and which was from the BMAT website). We gave the essay to the guy to mark,and he said he'd mark them and they'd be posted to us...a week or so later I got the essay back,but it hadn't even been marked :s-smilie:

I would strongly suggest to you to avoid these events,and just do as much practise as you can from books and websites.

:yep: I will do. :thumbsup:
Reply 21
Sparkly-Star
Many organizations are offering courses for the UKCAT, BMAT or medicine in general. Just wondering if any of you guys have gone to a particular course and whether you have found it useful or not as many of these cost hundreds of pounds. If you could state what course it was and where it took place, that'd be great. :grin: :thumbsup:

http://www.imperialcollegeunion.org/events/potmed-2010,778,EV.html

Best course out there and is actually pretty good. I think it is free or maybe it costs like £10 or something I can't remember :hmmmm:
Sparkly-Star
For example how 90% of the people who go on to the course get a place for medical school blah blah and things like that. :p:

:hmmm: lol
Reply 23
Sakujo
http://www.imperialcollegeunion.org/events/potmed-2010,778,EV.html

Best course out there and is actually pretty good. I think it is free or maybe it costs like £10 or something I can't remember :hmmmm:

Is it organised by the Muslim students or something? :smile:
How do you apply for this?
Reply 25
Organ
Is it organised by the Muslim students or something? :smile:

Yes but anyone can apply.

resortini
How do you apply for this?

I think you'll have to wait until closer to the date.
Reply 26
Phalanges
These courses teach you nothing that you cannot find on the internet. This question asks nothing that you cannot find on the internet.

Therefore, I am going to take a leaf out of these course organiser's books; I will be more than happy to tell you about these courses if you pay me £10.

Sarky
I'll do it for £7.50 and throw in a bag of mini cheddars.

Shall we start a medical school interview panel, commercial farming style, 20 mins a time, £15 a pop?
Reply 27
I know a guy who spent £400 on a class to prepare him for the UKCAT, got 600 and has yet to receive an offer to read dentistry.

DENTIFAIL.
Reply 28
Wangers
Shall we start a medical school interview panel, commercial farming style, 20 mins a time, £15 a pop?

Yes lets do it we're onto a winner! :woo:
Wangers

Yes, yes and yes again. I could do with the cash. We could also do it online via IM and get even more bang for our bucks.

Applicants, roll up!
Reply 30
Sakujo
Yes but anyone can apply.

Latest

Trending

Trending