Turn on thread page Beta

Perfect watch

Announcements

Okay so my best friend is blonde, 5 foot 6, size 6/8 with big boobs and nice bumper. She's extremely hard working and intelligent-got offers from imperial and UCL and needs Cs and Ds to get her As. Her parents are loaded and she has a gorgeous boyfriend who's been with her for 5 years and their love life is great! She's the only one out of our friends who's passed her driving test and has an awesome car. She goes out every weekend and has been on holiday twice this summer. She wears great clothes, loves to cook and is sporty.
    I'm telling you this girl is the definition of perfect. Everything in her life goes perfectly because she's lucky and hard working. I love her to bits but frankly I'm tired of living in her shadow. I'm average anyway but being friends with her is so demoralising I feel like I've ruined my own life by thinking she's better than me and not worked as hard as I could. Iv taken driving lessons for a year and a half and not passed. I have offers for medicine but know I've failed chem. I want to get my life on track and have a better life but I don't know what to do. I'm laid in bed in my pjs feeling depressed... I'm going to have to retake the year and no uni will look at me. I've wasted more than a grand on driving lessons and still have no confidence. I'm gaining weight I'm
    getting depressed I keep wanting to cry. please help

I wish I had worked harder :'(

ReputationRep:
    Hey, for one YOU GOT AN OFFER FOR MEDICINE!!! be happy ffs. only one in 6 who apply get those.As for every thing else, dont compare yourself to someone, live how u want and set standards for yourself.Usually I dont give a **** how well others do as long as Im doing how well I want to be doing. and lastly, your(and I) still young, things will get better

ReputationRep:
    Most people do, but what you have to get first is that you can only blame yourself, it is NOT anyone else's fault that you didn't do well enough to pass your exams. I know that is not a nice thing to hear but it has to be said. Now why on earth do you actually think that retaking a year is going to make Universities not want you to come on a degree course? I messed my a-levels up completely and yet this September I am starting a Masters at Aston which maybe is not the best Uni in the world but its not crap either. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and just get ready to try harder. Also don't you have the ability to resit the exams sometime during the summer?

ReputationRep:
    believe in yourself that you would get your grades..but dont worry about living in her shadow..some have it lucky..ffs as im speaking to you now i have -£47 in my bank account with the bank set to charge me for being in the negative,(not a student account) but im still smiling..

ReputationRep:
    O beware, my lord, of Jealousy!

It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock

The meat it feeds on.

So there you go.

ReputationRep:
    No one is perfect! Seriously hun, though she may seem perfect shes will have so many flaws. Infact if everything in her life is going good shes probably **** scared its all gonna fail. She might have problems you know nothing about.
    There is no point in thinking about her life and her sucess. If you want to improve yours then get off your ass and do something about it because only you can help yourself. Stop dwelling on her life and think of your own, dont waste it by sulking and watching the world pass you by.
    Your life wont get any better by complaining about it online. I understand that you wanted to vent on here and hoped that people would give you a boost... thats exactly what im trying to do. Think about all the good things in your life, your family, friends, oppertunities etc. Now think of your dreams and ambitions, chase them and dont sit idle. Remember, there is always someone worse off then you, no one died, life hasn't ended. If you want things to change, only you can change them but you cant do that if you're constantly admiring someone else and making yourself depressed in the process.
    Stop simply existing and live woman! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_Lexie_x)
    No one is perfect! Seriously hun, though she may seem perfect shes will have so many flaws. Infact if everything in her life is going good shes probably **** scared its all gonna fail. She might have problems you know nothing about.
    There is no point in thinking about her life and her sucess. If you want to improve yours then get off your ass and do something about it because only you can help yourself. Stop dwelling on her life and think of your own, dont waste it by sulking and watching the world pass you by.
    Your life wont get any better by complaining about it online. I understand that you wanted to vent on here and hoped that people would give you a boost... thats exactly what im trying to do. Think about all the good things in your life, your family, friends, oppertunities etc. Now think of your dreams and ambitions, chase them and dont sit idle. Remember, there is always someone worse off then you, no one died, life hasn't ended. If you want things to change, only you can change them but you cant do that if you're constantly admiring someone else and making yourself depressed in the process.
    Enough Said!

ReputationRep:
    pics required for proof of perfection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    ffs as im speaking to you now i have -£47 in my bank account
    But the TSR subscription comes first.

ReputationRep:
    No matter how cliched it sounds, nobody knows how people are really doing. You can have great looks, good grades, but still be ******* insecure about yourself.

Also, choose your comparisons. If this girl is as perfect as you describe (there is no way she is), everyone will be in her shadow. Comparing ourselves to those who seemingly have it all is the path to self-destruction.

Talk to her about it, I assure you she will make you feel better. See what you have that is in fact good. Every time you see a girl that is not 'seemingly perfect', find three things that are fabulous about her. Do that every time you meet a girl and it will change how you see 'perfect' and 'imperfect'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_Lexie_x)
    Awesome post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay so my best friend is blonde, 5 foot 6, size 6/8 with big boobs and nice bumper. She's extremely hard working and intelligent-got offers from imperial and UCL and needs Cs and Ds to get her As. Her parents are loaded and she has a gorgeous boyfriend who's been with her for 5 years and their love life is great! She's the only one out of our friends who's passed her driving test and has an awesome car. She goes out every weekend and has been on holiday twice this summer. She wears great clothes, loves to cook and is sporty.
    I'm telling you this girl is the definition of perfect. Everything in her life goes perfectly because she's lucky and hard working. I love her to bits but frankly I'm tired of living in her shadow. I'm average anyway but being friends with her is so demoralising I feel like I've ruined my own life by thinking she's better than me and not worked as hard as I could. Iv taken driving lessons for a year and a half and not passed. I have offers for medicine but know I've failed chem. I want to get my life on track and have a better life but I don't know what to do. I'm laid in bed in my pjs feeling depressed... I'm going to have to retake the year and no uni will look at me. I've wasted more than a grand on driving lessons and still have no confidence. I'm gaining weight I'm
    getting depressed I keep wanting to cry. please help
    Ok few things before I get serious

- Can I have her facebook?
    - Pikz

Cool, safe.

Right, don't live your life by other standards, live your life how you want to live it and what makes you happy. Be happy for your friend instead of envious and you yourself will be happy. You say she's perfect yet she's friends with you so you can't all be that bad lets be honest so ya know.

ReputationRep:
    Just remember no-one is perfect. She may seem perfect to your because you are concentrating on her good areas... I'm sure she doesn't think her life is perfect, hardly anyone does these days. She might also have problems that you don't know about... Its your life, and you shouldn't let a seemingly 'perfect' friend get you down. Be happy the way you are :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's got flaws even if they ain't obvious ones.

ReputationRep:
    As many others have said, no one is perfect so don't put her on some unrealistic pedastal and certainly don't go and then compare yourself to her.

You having to re-do a year will obviously be a bit upsetting (assuming you aren't thinking overly pessimistically) but hey, not all the roads you take are going to be smooth and however cliche it is, it's those roads that'll shape you the most. Enjoy yourself up until results and face it when it gets here with courage and optimism. See it as a new start maybe?

Finally, I don't like the way you seem to blame her working hard and being successful for you being upset. Not really too cool and if you do enjoy her friendship like you say then you shouldn't be resenting her like that.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:
    Don't be upset, you'll find a way out of this.
    Besides, like others have said, nobody's perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssRidge)
    But the TSR subscription comes first.
    of course :smug:

ReputationRep:
    no one is perfect....stop comparing your life to that of others...personally, I don't care what others are like, if my life is going well, then I'm happy...anyway, you got a medicine offer ffs...there are people that would kill for one of them....stop bieng depressed and get back on track...if you think you're getting fat...go to the gym..its also quite good at stress relief...and also...

can I have that girls facebook/number

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry my friend, but it's no fault of my own I'm like this. I worked hard for those grades and I look after myself well, unlike yourself. (Do I need to remind you of what happened in Pizza Hut the other night )

If it's any consolation, I've always thought one of my left toes was at a slightly abstract angle compared to the others.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.